5

"Feng Shushu, I only have Wuxian's memories, but how did he not see how awfully rude the Lan sect are?" Hua Ying asked as they appeared at the foot of Dafan mountain.

"I have no idea, I have never once, met a cultivator who demanded that we go back with them," Nan Feng said, "are you having his feelings for the man?"

"I felt like something was there, but I am not going to let it happen. I am not interested in that stone face," Hua Ying said.

"Now A'Ying, do not be rude," Nan Feng said, "be the better person."

"Fine," Hua Ying said, "should we look into the temple still or move on?"

"The temple is just up ahead," Nan Feng said, "let's go."

Hua Ying nodded as they teleported to the temple. Once inside, there were a group of disciples from the Lan Sect. Though, Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji were not with them this time.

Hua Ying, you may not be fond of Lan Zhan, but I am. Help his disciples.

Hua Ying internally groaned as Wei Wuxian's soul was personally trying to overthrow his mind.

Wei Wuxian, I get that you have a second chance here, but do not expect me to be you. I am Hua Ying NOT Wei Ying.

The inner conflict was obviously showing a bit. Nan Feng was a bit worried because it was causing Hua Ying to be distracted. Hua Ying's attention came back to reality when he heard a boy wish for the monster of Dafan to appear. Hua Ying now groaned out loud. Nan Feng also knew that it was not good.

"Boys, get out of here now!" Nan Feng demanded.

The disciples were at first reluctant to move, but then the Goddess statue started to move. The young disciples ran out and down the mountain. Hua Ying and Nan Feng were able to stop the statue by breaking it into thousands of pieces. After that, the two left.

"I need to go back to Puqi Shrine for a while, my head is a mess," Hua Ying said.

"Alright, let's go...do you want to check the boys first?" Nan Feng asked.

"We should, shouldn't we?" Hua Ying asked. The two sighed and went to go check the young disciples. They seemed to be okay, "who was the idiot that made that stupid wish?" Hua Ying questioned furiously, "who ever did, is really asking for their demise here. That statue is no joke."

The boys pointed to a boy in white and gold hanfu robes decorated with a white peony known as Spark amidst Snow. The boy was Jin Ling from earlier.

"Why am I not fucking surprised?" Hua Ying asked.

"You have a mouth today, A'Ying," Nan Feng pointed out.

"That is because I have never been around such idiotic cultivators before. What do they teeth at these, so called, Sects?" Hua Ying asked.

"Excuse me, Qianbai, we are grateful for you help and also we apologize for our ignorance," a boy from the Lan Sect said.

"No need," Hua Ying said, "you, though, seem quite bright. What is your name?"

"My name is Lan Yuan, courtesy name Sizhui," he answered.

"I am Hua Ying. Just a simple rogue cultivator," Hua Ying greeted, "this is my Uncle, Nan Feng."

"Pleasure to meet you both," Sizhui said.

"Now that the statue is taken care of, you all should get back to your hunt or to your sect leaders. Or wherever it is you need to be. It is getting later on in the day," Nan Feng said.

"Alright, I am sure we will see each other again," Sizhui said.

Hua Ying nodded and left with Nan Feng. Nan Feng went to the court to report to Ling Wen, a civil goddess, about the day at Dafan. Hua Ying, teleported back to Puqi Shrine. Hua Ying knocked just in case his parents were having a moment. Xie Lian was the one who opened the door.

"Hello Ying'er (Ying'er also means baby)," Xie Lian greeted Hua Ying.

"Baba," Hua Ying said as he was fairly exhausted from his day, "I missed you and A'Die."

"Are you coming here when you can then?" Xie lian asked.

"Am I unable to?" Hua Ying asked.

"Of course you can, I just didn't know what your plans were," Xie Lian said pulling Hua Ying inside, "our Ying'er is always welcome home. Why wouldn't he be?"

"Mnn," Hua Ying said as he sat down with his Baba, "I'm so exhausted already and I did not do anything today really. Dafan is handled...and I met some of Wei Wuxian's old friends."

"Who?" Hua Cheng asked finally speaking.

"Jiang Wanyin, his nephew Jin Ling, Lan Xichen, and Lan Wangji," Hua Ying answered, "Wei Wuxian's soul is slowly overwhelming my mind."

"It is bound to happen," Hua Cheng said, "and you have to learn to accept that you are both Hua Ying and Wei Ying."

"I do not feel like I am him," Hua Ying said, "I have his memories but that is all I feel like I have."

"It will be alright, Ying'er," Xie Lian told him.

"Lan Wangji tried to demand I go to Gusu with him and his brother," Hua Ying told them, "the people I met so far from the sects, they are so stuck up and arrogant. No wonder Wei Wuxian wanted to end his life."

"Hey now, take it easy," Xie Lian said, "what happened for Lan Wangji to be authoritative?"

"He thought I was Wei Wuxian from a song I was humming," Hua Ying answered, "I heard the song in a dream. How am I supposed to know that he and Wei Wuxian were the only two who knew it?"

"So, he suspicious of you," Hua Cheng said, "maybe you should go to Gusu...but be your mischievous Hua Ying self."

"You are suggesting I go to that place?" Hua Ying asked.

"They know Wei Wuxian quite a bit aside from Jiang Wanyin...and Jiang Wanyin is not going to be all that helpful to you, as that is my opinion. The Lan sect, however, they might be useful. Plus, I heard that, at Mo Village, they came across an arm that is filled with resentment. It belongs to someone. As you are your A-Die's son, you know Resentment more than anyone. That is why I am mostly suggesting it. Try to make peace with them for now. It may be helpful for you in the future," Xie Lian explained.

Hua Ying sighed, "very well," he said, "I will go tomorrow, maybe. I am wanting to spend time with you two. Plus, I am tired."

Hua Cheng chuckled, "Does Ying'er want to cuddle with his Baba and A'Die?"

Hua Ying pouted, "yes."

Xie Lian laughed a small bit as the three relaxed on the bed for a while. Hua Ying ended up laying between the two and fell asleep shortly after laying down with them. Hua Ying loves his parents, and spending time like this with them was so comfortable for him. Being able to be spoiled like this, he felt so blessed.