21

Hua Ying's mind was completely blank for the first time in his life. He was just kissed, and it was his first kiss. He was not expecting to have one for a long while yet but here he is now, lip-locked with Lan Wangji. He wanted more, so much more, but he knew that his parents would blow up the inn if they walked in on him in bed with someone twice his age. Kissing was one thing but having sex was a completely different story. The moment Hua Ying's parents popped up in his mind, he pulled away from Lan Wangji.

"Oh shit!" Hua Ying said, "my parents will freak out if they walked in on us Lan Zhan. Remember I am only sixteen...I loved it, don't get me wrong, but I don't want to have them scare you away. I can't lose you."

Lan Wangji held onto Hua Ying's face again, "you will not lose me. We can sit down and talk with your parents about us. We can make a compromise or something. They have to at least do that right?"

"I guess so," Hua Ying said, "they know how much I have lost in my past life, and how much I want to gain in this one. I want to live happily and free. I want to be able to go out without this stupid mask and not get swords pointed at me because of who I am or who I look like. I just want to be Hua Ying."

Lan Wangji gave him a gentle, fond, smile, "you are Hua Ying. You will be free and happy. You are free in your home land. You are free here with me. Do you understand."

Hua Ying pulled a smug grin, "if you keep smiling at me like that, and being this gentle and kind to me, my heart my might explode."

"Hmm...then it seems I will have to pick up the pieces and put them back together," Wangji said as he let go of Hua Ying's face.

"Flirting will get you in trouble," Hua Ying told him.

"How so?" Wangji asked.

Hua Ying lunged at Wangji and tackled him on the bed. He pinned Wangji's hands on either side of his head and straddled him, "how about this?" Hua Ying asked.

"Makes me curious about what you will do next," Wangji said, as he was basically pushing his buttons.

Hua Ying smiled as he leaned down so his face was just inches from Wangji's, "wouldn't you like to know," Hua Ying stated.

"Mnn," Wangji smiled.

Hua Ying brushed his lips across Wangji's to tease him and then bolted off of him, "I'm going to prepare a bath, my parents should be here soon."

Wangji laid there stunned by Hua Ying's sudden comeback of his teasing. Wangji was so excited and his body was burning with lust. He knows his desire for Hua Ying was going to get dangerous if he is not careful. He does not want to hurt him or do something impulsive to Hua Ying. He wants to take his time. He spent sixteen years mourning Wei Ying and now that Hua Ying was here with him, he would do anything to keep him. Even if it means that he has to push his love for him aside.

He wondered if Hua Ying and his parents would actually accept him. Hua Ying was a god and ghost, a crown prince. Lan Wangji was second heir to his sect but a crown prince of all three realms is a huge difference from a simple sect heir or sect leader. Hua Ying even has more authority than the chief cultivator, Jin Guangyao, even though many people wouldn't believe it was Hua Ying. Hua Ying is Wei Wuxian, his past follows him but it should not as well. It was never Wei Wuxian who was in the wrong, and Lan Wangji knew that.

Even before meeting Hua Ying, he knew Wei Wuxian was innocent, and Wangji also knew he was spiritually impaired somehow. To find out that he did not have a golden core, changes everything about the past. Lan Wangji sat up and moved to sit at the table. He began to boil water for tea so he could drink something to relax his mind. He sat there thinking about it all. Thinking about everything Hua Ying said happened to Wei Ying. Lan Wangji's heart began to break the more he let all of those words echo inside his head.

He gave up his golden core and gave it to his sworn brother Jiang Wanyin. He was taken by Wen Chao shortly after. Still recovering from the surgery, he was beaten, tortured, raped, and even ripped apart by hounds. After Wen Chao had enough, he threw he into the burial mounds from high up in the sky. To think he actually came back only three months after he was thrown in, says a lot about who he is as a person.

Lan Wangji shook his head trying to shake the words out of his head. Tears formed in his eyes. Thinking back, Wei Wuxian showed that he trusted Lan Wangji more than anyone, no matter how much he tried to push him away. Lan Wangji knew Wei Wuxian was in so much pain and trouble and he even tried to get Wei Wuxian to listen to him. Wei Wuxian did not want to  listen, he feared he would be pushed for taking a path he had no choice but to take. Lan Wangji was angry, he was sad, and he was annoyed. He was guilty, or he felt guilty, as he wished he could have communicated better with Wei Ying. If he had, he could have helped Wei Ying so much more.

Hua Ying came out of the bath to see Lan Wangji in tears. He can tell just by looking into Lan Wangji's eyes, that he was in pain. Lan Wangji finally had a moment to himself to process everything that has been happening. If Hua Ying was having a hard time, then Lan Wangji would be having just as bad of a hard time. Hua Ying knelt down beside Wangji and placed a hand on Wangji's shoulder. Lan Wangji glanced at Hua Ying. Hua Ying held his arms open and Wangji moved in, He and Hua Ying sat there for a bit just hugging, and trying to gather themselves. A lot has been happening between Wei Ying's death and Hua Ying's appearance that it was going to be a long path ahead for them.