41

Lan Xichen returned to the Jingshi only to see Hua Ying's parents have not yet returned. He was a bit confused as he thought they were close by because of the butterflies.

"Jin Guangyao stopped by," he said sitting across from Wangji and Wuxian."

"I heard," Hua Ying said, "my A'Die and I have butterflies following him around since we found those things he had hidden in his secret room."

"Oh, so I imagine your A'Die knows what was said too?" Xichen asked.

"Yes, they sent me a message a moment before you arrived saying they will be back here tomorrow," Hua Ying said, "as for the siege, what are they hoping to achieve in that?"

"I have no clue, I wonder if you two should go look into it," Xichen suggested.

"Knowing my parents, they'd want to come with. I kind of want them to as well. They might be able to help with the situation if it is a setup. I heard that Jin Guangyao suspects me for something, maybe he has plans and feels threatened of my presence," Hua Ying said.

"It is hard to say, but we can run it by your parents," Xichen said, "also, how are you feeling at the moment?"

"I am feeling a bit better, Lan Zhan has been doing a nice job comforting me," Hua Ying said.

"So we have the meeting in Lanling that talks about a siege to the mounds and then a title deed for a place in Yunping," Wangji said, "what is he planning?"

"I think it is more than just Jin Guangyao. I am sure there were times we encountered that ghost mask guy but Jin Guangyao was somewhere else," Hua Ying said.

"I think you are right," Xichen agreed.

Hua Ying placed his head on Wangji's shoulder. He felt tired. He hasn't slept well the past few days, "tired?" Wangji asked.

"Mnn, it's okay though, I haven't been sleeping well lately," Hua Ying said, "I will be fine."

"You can go rest you know," Wangji told him.

Hua Ying gripped Wangji's hand, "I could but I don't want to right now."

Lan Xichen smiled, "I am going to go inform Shufu about Jin Guangyao," he said and left the two.

"You want me to lay with you?" Wangji asked.

"I shouldn't keep you," Hua Ying said, "we are not yet married."

"I will be with you anyway," Wangji said and stood up. He then lifted Hua Ying in his arms, "come."

Hua Ying smiled a bit as he wrapped his arms around Wangji's neck, "You are so sweet, Hanguang Jun," he said, "I am very lucky to have a partner like you."

"It is me who is lucky," Wangji said as he curled up on the bed with Hua Ying held close to him, "I have such a sweet man and he is so good and just. You are so beautiful, Xiao Hua."

Hua Ying's smile grew, "you know, you said if I behaved at the conference meeting you'd reward me with a good kiss. I don't remember getting my reward."

Lan Wangji couldn't help but chuckle, "I did say that, did I not?"

"Mnn," Hua Ying pouted.

Lan Wangji lifted Hua Ying's face using his fingers under Hua Ying's chin and rested his lips to Hua Ying's. The kiss started off slow and chaste, until Hua Ying wrapped his arms around Wangji's torso. Lan Wangji deepened the kiss just a little as he lightly sucked on Hua Ying's bottom lip. That caused Hua Ying to part his lips which gave Wangji his chance to advance. He lightly brushed his tongue across Hua Ying's bottom lip before it met Hua Ying's tongue.

Being held in each other's arms gave them a sense of stability, warmth, comfort, and love. A spark of electricity sent through their tongues. They played together like two kids playing ring-around-the-Rosie. Twirling around and around and tangling together before falling, only to get up and twirl around again. Hua Ying's arms clung around Lan Wangji as Lan Wangji had a hand on Hua Ying's back, while the other was on the back of his head. His fingers tangled into his hair and he gently pulled and swirled his fingers through.

The feeling of Lan Wangji's fingers in his hair send a shiver down Hua Ying's back. That sudden shiver caused a moan to leave his throat. It was soft and subtle, but it was enough to get Lan Wangji's attention. It was a signal to get him to stop but he did not want to pull away. He pulled their lips apart for a moment to catch a breath and to regain some of there senses, and resting his cheek on Hua Ying's forehead, holding him close.

"Definitely a good reward," Hua Ying said after a minute of silence.

Lan Wangji smiled as he placed a kiss on Hua Ying's forehead before cuddling him for a while. Hua Ying ended up falling asleep in Wangji's arms. Lan Wangji felt happy. Even though Hua Ying was still young and he was dealing with some issues, Lan Wangji still loved him all the same. He was Wei Ying, he was Hua Ying, he was Lan Ying, he was his A'Ying, no matter the family name, this man was his. He just couldn't wait to marry him.

***

Hua Ying's parents arrived the next day as they said they would. They were caught up on the conversation Lan Xichen had with Jin Guangyao and felt it was a bit suspicious that he wanted to do a siege. Hua Ying, his parents, and Lan Wangji were going to go to the mounds to see what trap Jin Guangyao is trying to set. Lan Qiren was also informed of the plan, and Lan Xichen was to head to Lanling for the conference meeting Jin Guangyao planned.