28

As the three were hanging around the tree, Hua Ying could hear some noise around them. He sent out some butterflies to look around. He saw that Jiang Cheng was close by and trying to do a sneak attack. Hua Ying quickly summoned his sword Nàilì (Endurance), as Jiang Cheng's sword Sāndú (Three Poisons), came flying over. Hua Ying hit it and caused it to fall to the ground.

"What do we have here?" Jiang Cheng asked, "two Lans and a...what are you again?"

"My parents told you already. They are nearby you know," Hua Ying said, "I suggest you do not do anything stupid."

"Why are you three back here?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"Went for a walk in the woods," Hua Ying answered.

"I missed Zewu Jun at a conference meeting a few days ago," Jiang Cheng said, "what brings you here just outside the boundaries of Lotus Pier?"

"I had some things to deal with," Xichen said, "is there a reason for us not to be here?"

"No, but it is something interesting...Wei Wuxian used to hang out here. Especially when my mother was being harsh on him," Jiang Cheng told them.

Jiang Cheng also knew about what Madam Yu has done to me? Hua Ying thought.

"Oh, and where is she now?" Hua Ying asked.

Wangji and Xichen looked at Hua Ying. They wondered what he was doing by saying such things. Hua Ying knew where she was but why provoke Jiang Cheng more?

"You have no right to ask about her," Jiang Cheng told him.

"Oh? I'd like to meet her. See why she let her son grow up to be such an asshole," Hua Ying said.

"You have little regard for your life don't you," Jiang Cheng said.

"You can't hurt me. You are too weak to touch me," Hua Ying said, "so you are not sure of your mother, what about your father?"

"Hua Ying," Wangji said finally not being able to handle what he was doing.

Hua Ying ignored him, "why are you so angry all the time?"

"Because of bastards like you," Jiang Cheng said.

"Let me tell you something," Hua Ying said, "I am actually investigating Wei Wuxian's death. I know a lot about him as I read about his history. You would be surprised to hear all that he did for you."

"What nonsense are you talking about?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"My parents told you, I am a god and I am the crown prince of the three realms. I am taking on the task of investigating the injustice of Wei Wuxian's death. He died and was framed. He died and had no golden core. He had to take a new cultivation path just to protect those he loves and even they just threw him away," Hua Ying told him.

"What do you mean no golden core?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"Why do you think he never used his sword again? He loved to use it and he loved cultivating, but he gave up his golden core to protect you, and keep a promise he made to your parents before they died," Hua Ying said.

"How did he just give it up?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"He asked Wen Qing to help him. They made a plan and pretended that mountain you went to was where Baoshan Sanren was located, Wen Qing dressed up to disguise herself but you wouldn't know that as you were blindfolded. She posed a Baoshan, asking questions about Wei Wuxian's life and you said you were him. After you smelled a fragrance you passed out. That was when Wen Qing cut Wei Wuxian open, No anesthetics, no pain medication as it could affect his core. He was awake for two nights and a day, getting his core removed and it was given to you. It was only fifty percent of a guarantee that it would work. If it failed you both would have been coreless."

Jiang Cheng stood there in shock, his hand on his dantian. He had tears in his eyes. He didn't know what to say or think. He thought back on all those times where Wei Wuxian couldn't help or wouldn't. He remember shoving him somewhat playfully and he fell instantly. He knew, Wei Wuxian then, was weaker. He had tears falling now.

"No, it's not true," Jiang Cheng said.

"Do you not know Wei Wuxian like you would say you do? He would sacrifice anything for his family. He saw you as his Shidi, and he loved you like a brother. No matter how harsh you were, he'd be there. He'd take the blame or he'd take Madam Yu's wrath for You. He'd cause trouble just to keep you from getting into trouble by her. He loved you just like he loved his Shijie," Hua Ying said, "well, we have to go now."

Hua Ying grabbed Xichen and Wangji by the sleeves of their robes and teleported them to the room they were staying in at an inn in Lotus Pier.

"Hua Ying, why did you bring up his parents if you knew what happened?" Xichen asked.

Hua Ying didn't answer and just sat down on the bed. He removed his mask and tossed it across the room. Tears were streaming down his face. The mask hid that he had been crying.

"Hua Ying," Wangji said.

Hua Ying looked at him, tears falling and he also looked angry, "what?" He asked.

Before Wangji or Xichen could speak, Hua Ying's parents have returned. They returned with the remainder of the body except the head and a weapon of some sort. They kept that information to themselves for now as they saw Hua Ying in such a state.

"What happened?" Xie Lian asked.

Xichen explained to them in detail what happened. Hua Cheng sat over by Hua Ying and pulled him to his lap, "hey Xiao Hua, (little flower), are you going to be okay?" He asked.

"I was so mean, and I didn't expect to be..." he answered in a whisper.

"You were being honest, you were kinder than what I would have been," Hua Cheng said, "it's okay. Wei Wuxian went through hell with that family. You have every right to be angry with them."

"I shouldn't have brought up his parents like that...I remember when I was Wei Wuxian and people would say such nonsense about Cangse and Changze," Hua Ying said.

Lan Xichen and Wangji could just barely hear them, but they did. They couldn't be upset with Hua Ying. In his shoes, he has a right to be angry.

"I see that you are doing better with Wangji," Hua Cheng said.

Hua Ying nodded, "he and his brother are probably mad at me right now."

Hua Cheng looked at them. Lan Xichen and Wangji shook their heads, "not mad, worried," Wangji said.

"I'm so tired," Hua Ying said.

"You can sleep here if you want," Hua Cheng said.

Hua Ying nodded and snuggled close to his A'Die. His arms wrapped around Hua Cheng and his head on Hua Cheng's chest. Hua Cheng just sat there comforting him, running his fingers through his hair and holding him close.