12

Hua Ying and Lan Wangji were the only two inside Mingshi. Lan Wangji wanted to let Hua Ying look into this severed arm a bit more closely, and he felt if it was just the two of them, there wouldn't be too many distractions.

"The yin energy is very strong," Hua Ying said, "whoever this arm belonged to, the rest of them has just as strong of yin energy. It seems like it wasn't always that way though...as if they were tortured severely first. I need more of the body to really understand what happened. If we had the head specifically, I could run empathy on it."

"Isn't that dangerous, Empathy, I mean?" Wangji asked.

"Not for someone like me," Hua Ying answered and took out his flute Whisper (Ěryǔ), "I need to tone down the resentment. That way it can help lead us toward the next body part...as to where it is pointing, is Qinghe in that direction...northwest?"

"Mnn," Wangji nodded, "let me help you," he said as he took out his guqin. The two played together until the am was pacified enough to place in a Qiankun pouch.

"Do you mind if we stop at my parents house for a moment?" Hua Ying asked, "I need to collect something."

Wangji nodded, "very well."

"You will have to take my arm at least," Hua Ying said holding out his hand.

Lan Wangji hesitated as he was a man who did not like touching others. Hua Ying sighed and gripped the man's robes. Lan Wangji's eyes widened. Before he could react, Hua Ying teleported them out of the Mingshi in a burst of hundreds of his crimson butterflies.

Once they landed outside Puqi Shrine, he let go of Lan Wangji, letting out a quiet scoff, "such a rigid man you are," Hua Ying mumbled. Lan Wangji didn't say anything as he watched Hua Ying approach the open door to the shrine, "Baba? A'Die?!"

"A'Ying, you are back again," Xie Lian greeted him with a hug and a kiss to his cheek, "why are you here?"

"I am here to grab my dice," Hua Ying answered, "I realized I forgot them."

"You mean these?" Hua Cheng asked holding them in his hand.

"Yes, I checked out the arm, it is pointing us to Qinghe," Hua Ying explained, "Hanguang Jun and I will be heading there next."

"You have the arm?" Xie Lian asked.

"Hanguang Jun has it," Hua Ying answered.

"Where is he?" Xie Lian asked.

"Oh, he's..." Hua Ying turned to see that Lan Wangji was still outside, "outside still apparently."

Hua Cheng chuckled, "Does not want to meet us apparently."

"A'Die," I said, "be nice...mind if I use the shrine to make an array?"

"Of course," Xie Lian said, "to save energy, why not let me or your A'Die make the array."

Hua Ying nodded and went to the door, "Hanguang Jun, come inside, we will be in Qinghe soon."

Lan Wangji entered Puqi Shrine to see two people standing on one side. There was a shrine dedicated to the crown prince heavenly martial God, Xie Lian...who was now the current emperor.

"Hanguang Jun these are my parents, Xie Lian and Hua Cheng," Hua Ying introduced.

"It's nice to meet you finally," Xie Lian said as he shut the door and started to draw the array.

"It's a pleasure to meet you both," Lan Wangji bowed.

"No need for formalities," Hua Cheng said, "Call me San Lang in the meantime."

"The array is ready," Xie Lian said.

Hua Ying rolled the dice, "remember what to say?" Hua Cheng asked him.

Hua Ying smiled and placed his hand on the door. He then said, "By Heaven Official's Blessing, No Paths are Bound."

Xie Lian and Hua Cheng smiled. Lan Wangji was just all too curious about it all. Then, he was even more curious and intrigued when he saw Hua Ying open the door. Looking outside, was the busy streets of Qinghe. Hua Ying chuckled as he said his goodbyes to his parents first before dragged Lan Wangji out.

"What was that?" Lan Wangji asked.

"Distance shortening array, similar to teleportation. A hand-drawn array that can teleport multiple people to a place. The strength of the spell depends on the power of the caster and drawing material. For example, a god's blood is much stronger than a mortal's. The array consists of a circle and different characters. Once the array is used, it is no longer effective. It can be overwritten by stronger arrays nearby and it's very draining in spiritual power," Hua Ying answered.

"Well...are you tired then?" Wangji asked.

"My parents helped out a bit, so I am just fine," Hua Ying said as he sent out a couple butterflies, "they are to gather other information that we may miss."

Lan Wangji nodded, "should we find an in before we look into this rumor? We will have a place to go to otherwise," He said.

"Sure," Hua Ying said and followed Wangji to the nearest inn.

Hua Ying ended up ordering a room with two beds. Once the two had settled in and check it out thoroughly, they decided to go back out to the streets to check out what is going on in Qinghe, and to find out if they can find out about this rumor of the man-eating-bunker.