11

Lan Wangji walked with Hua Ying to the dining hall for breakfast. Wangji was hoping to see his brother before he left for Lanling. Lan Xichen was lucky still here and sat with Wangji and Hua Ying at breakfast. Lan Xichen could tell there was some mild tension between his brother and Hua Ying. Since he had some time, he said that he wanted to sit down with the two for a bit afterwards. Hua Ying walked two paces behind them as they went to the Hanshi to talk. Xichen placed a privacy barrier over Hanshi before sitting down to talk with them.

"What seems to be the problem?" Lan Xichen asked, "why does it seem like there is some tension between you both still?"

Lan Wangji looked at Hua Ying, he was so quiet for once it worried him. Knowing both Wei Wuxian from the past, and Hua Ying saying he is a reincarnation of him, he knew that the two were talkative. This was just out of the ordinary for Hua Ying.

"I...gained some new information from my parents about my connection with Wei Wuxian..." Hua Ying answered, "I refuse to believe or accept it...but my parents have never once lied to me and have always been honest to me."

"What information?" Lan Xichen asked.

"Hua Ying doesn't have Wei Ying's soul...He is Wei Ying, reincarnated. He is Wei Ying but his new identity is Hua Ying...also with Wei Ying's past and his death, it seems to be hard to accept," Wangji answered.

Lan Xichen looked at Hua Ying. From what Hua Ying told him yesterday, he had this feeling that Hua Ying was Wei Wuxian's reincarnate. Based off Hua Ying's looks alone, it seems quite clear, even possible. Lan Xichen could also see why Hua Ying does not want to accept the truth of it. Wei Wuxian did not live a good life, and he was left to fight his battles alone and died for it.

"I can understand why Hua Ying may be feeling skeptical," Lan Xichen told them, "remembering what Hua Ying told me, Wei Wuxian sacrificed everything and lost everything. He had no one left for him and he was made to believe that he was the guilty one. The truth is, Wei Wuxian should have let someone know the truth, and to help him. I get it is hard to outright say what he went through, but he would not have died alone...and as for Hua Ying, if he does not want to accept it right now, so be it. It is Hua Ying's life and his choices. It will take time to get used to."

Hua Ying nodded. Just as he was about to speak, a silver wraith butterfly appeared. Hua Ying knew it was from his A'Die:

Hello A'Ying. I just want you to know that it takes time to accept who you really are. Just do not forget who you are at the moment. You are our son and you are loved by me and your Baba.

I also am sending this because there has been some rumors of some man-eating bunker near Qinghe. The severed arm that the Lan Sect have, might be connected to that. Be careful and contact me or Baba if you need anything.

Hua Ying smiled at the little butterfly on his hand, "I love you too, A'Die," Hua Ying said quietly and the butterfly took off.

"That looked different from your red butterflies," Xichen stated.

"That is because my A'Die, Hua Cheng, has silver butterflies. You know it is him if they are silver. If they are red, then it is me," Hua Ying replied and took out a crimson butterfly, "see?"

The butterfly left Hua Ying's hand and flew over to Wangji, landing on his hand, "it seems to like you," Hua Ying told him.

Lan Wangji looked at Hua Ying, his ears turning red, "why?"

"Because I find your presence comforting, so the butterflies will also sense that," Hua Ying answered.

Lan Wangji sighed and then asked, "what was the silver butterfly here for?"

"A'Die wanted to tell me about some rumor going around about some man-eating-bunker in Qinghe. He said the severed arm you found may be connected to it in some way," Hua Ying answered.

"Man-eating bunker?" Lan Xichen asked.

"I was just repeating what my A'Die said," Hua Ying shrugged.

"You and I can go check it out...we can bring the arm as well," Wangji said.

"I have yet to see this, said arm," Hua Ying told him.

"Come, I will take you to Mingshi (Underworld chamber)," Wangji said, "and we can go check it out first before we leave...Xiongzhang, I hope you have safe travels to Lanling."

"Thank you, let me know if you need or find anything," Xichen said. Hua Ying and Lan Wangji nodded and left Hanshi. Lan Wangji escorted Hua Ying to Mingshi to show him the severed arm he and his disciples found in Mo Village.