6

Hua Ying used the teleportation dice to get to Caiyi Town of Gusu. Once saying a quick goodbye to his parents, Hua Ying went on his way. Being in Gusu was not something that Hua Ying expected to be going to, but here he is now. Caiyi Town is a waterfront town in the Gusu region, located approximately ten kilometers (20 lǐ) from the Cloud Recesses.

It is connected by a waterway to Biling Lake. The town dwellings packed on either side of the web-like water paths. The houses have white walls and grey roofs, and the rivers are filled with boats carring baskets and people. On the banks, many goods are sold, including flowers, fruits, bamboo crafts, pastries, tea, and silk.

Hua Ying saw a Hunan cuisine restaurant and he immediately ached for food. Inside, it was a fairly thriving place. The place looked as if it was in good condition and the people were happy with the place. Hua Ying sat down at a table and was immediately greeted by a lively waiter.

"Good afternoon, what would you like to order?" The waiter asked.

Hua Ying quickly glanced at the menu. He saw there was a spicy noodle dish, Dan Dan Noodles. Traditional dan dan noodles are a true classic of Chinese cuisine. The star of the dish is a spicy sauce served with the noodles. Made with chili oil, preserved vegetables, Sichuan peppercorn, and sometimes sesame or peanut paste, the sauce bursts with heat and complex flavors

"Can I have a serving of your Dan Dan Noodles (Spicy Noodles)?" Hua Ying asked.

"Of course," the waiter said.

"Could you make it extra spicy please, I love a good spicy meal," Hua Ying said.

"Of course, I will be back with your food shortly," the waiter said and walked off.

Hua Ying took the opportunity to scan the area. There were a couple GusuLan disciples in the restaurant. He even saw that one of them was holding a jar that had the label, Tiānzǐ Xiào (Emperor's Smile).

It's liquor, Wei Wuxian popped up in his mind again.

What is it going to take for you to let me be? Hua Ying questioned.

My soul will be free once my name has been cleared. I'm currently waiting to be put to rest and be at peace. Lan Zhan would beg for me not to go, so I ask you, please help him.

Hua Ying sighed, why? If I get involved, he will get the wrong idea. I may look like you and I have your soul residing in me now, but I am never going to be like you. You are a selfless person and I can never compare to that. Lan Wangji's love for you must be so strong. He is still wearing mourning clothes for you.

Hua Ying's heart felt like it was about to burst into flames. The two loved each other but it was left unrequited. Now Wei Wuxian was expecting Hua Ying to take his place. Hua Ying can never replace Wei Wuxian, but maybe he could try to work things out. He just needed time.

I will let you figure out what you want. I know you felt it too. You feel how I felt when I first laid eyes on him. You can deny it all you want, but it is the truth, Wei Wuxian was all too good at getting on Hua Ying's nerves, as he knew he couldn't deny him. He won't accept it either. He will just have to remain neutral for now.

"Alright, here are your spicy noodles," the waiter said.

"Thank you, can I have a jar of your Tiānzǐ Xiào?" Hua Ying asked.

"You bet, if you have not already tried it, it is the finest wine in Gusu," the waiter said. He left momentarily and came back with a jar of wine and a cup for him, "enjoy your meal. Wave me over if you need anything."

"Thank you," Hua Ying said.

Hua Ying ate his meal happily. He found the food to be absolutely delicious. His meal was also only two silver ingots but Hua Ying gave the waiter three gold ingots. The waiter felt it was a bit much but Hua Ying insisted. He had plenty of money as it is. Being the prince of the three realms, he has his wealth.

Hua Ying spent some time exploring the town. He saw the Lan disciples make their way through to a path that lead up a mountain. Hua Ying expected that was the way to Cloud Recesses. So, Hua Ying followed the Lan disciples back. He stopped when he saw the Wall of Rules just before he would approach the gate. He scanned it and his mouth dropped open.

"How can a place be so strict with rules? Four-thousand rules at that!" Hua Ying stated, "and that fuddy-duddy wanted to drag me back here. If he expects me to conform to these rules, he can kiss that idea out the window."

"Kiss what now?" Hua Ying heard a familiar, yet gentle voice say.

"Zewu Jun," Hua Ying bowed, "I was only stopping by to apologize for my attitude yesterday. I am not a person who cares much for formalities and rules."

Lan Xichen smiled, "I understand,"  he said, "but why do I feel like you have other intentions for being here?"

"Though Hanguang Jun demanded I come, I thought I'd at least give him the benefit of the doubt," Hua Ying answered, "I understand that he has this notion of me being this Wei Wuxian. I can assure you, I am not. I also heard about the arm that was found in Mo Village and was wondering if I could help out. I am pretty knowledgeable on resentment."

Lan Xichen listened to Hua Ying babble away until he finally stopped, "would you like to come inside Cloud Recesses? We can sit down and properly discuss everything."

"Sure," Hua Ying agreed. With that, he followed Lan Xichen inside Cloud Recesses.