25

Hua Ying was in another room with his parents. He told them that they found a second body part and it was now pointing to the southwest. Hua Ying also explained what he said to Wangji and how Wangji was feeling. His parents were feeling sorry for Wangji as he just wanted to love someone and he was just as much ripped apart as Wei Wuxian was.

After some time, Hua Ying went to go check on Wangji and Xichen. He knocked and Xichen opened up. Lan Xichen looked at Hua Ying and he felt, at ease. He knew that Hua Ying could protect his brother. Hua Ying stepped inside and was immediately pulled down by Wangji to sit on his lap.

"Woah!" Hua Ying said now laying sideways over his lap, "was that necessary?" He laughed sitting up.

"Yes," Wangji said.

"My parents are just next door," Hua Ying told him, "so be careful."

"I know," he said.

Hua Ying sighed but smiled, "what am I going to do with you?"

"Love me," Wangji said.

Hua Ying laughed and looked at Xichen who seemed to being smiling at Wangji's comment, "what did you do to him?" Hua Ying asked.

"Just talked," Xichen said, "if he is more vocal on how he feels, good."

Hua Ying chuckled and turned to Wangji and placed a kiss on his cheek, "better?" He asked.

"Mnn," he nodded, "did your parents say anything?"

"They are looking ahead for us, so I hope you don't mind I gave them the pouch to look us," Hua Ying said.

"It is fine," Wangji said, "we will have to wait for them then."

"If you both want, you guys can go look around the town, I'm going to stay hidden," Hua Ying said.

"Are you ever going to tell Jiang Wanyin about you?" Xichen asked.

"I don't know, he doesn't listen very well as it is. He is too stubborn," Hua Ying said, "and why should I? He said wanted Wei Wuxian dead just as much as everyone else."

"You don't know that," Xichen said.

"Really? Then why was it him who made the final decision to Wuxian? He was so caught up trying to listen to everyone else then believing in his sworn brother that he grew up with. If he truly did not want him dead, he would have helped him long before everything went wrong. It should not matter if he know of Wei Wuxian's sacrifices or not. Wei Wuxian left Lotus Pier because Jiang Cheng couldn't protect him or wouldn't protect him. Whatever the reason, Jiang Cheng could have done something to help Wei Wuxian. If he knew Wei Wuxian like he said he did, he should know that Wei Wuxian was not a bad person. But what did he do? Wei Wuxian jumped, Lan Zhan caught him, Jiang Cheng stabbed that cliff, and Wei Wuxian pulled his hand away so Lan Zhan didn't get killed, that is who Wei Wuxian is. No matter how wrong he was treated he still helped everyone," Hua Ying explained.

"Hua Ying, please calm down," Wangji said.

Hua Ying got up, "no, I will not," he said, and thunder started rumbling in the sky.

"If you let this continue, you could hurt a lot of people, please calm down," Wangji said, "I'm sorry we upset you."

Hua Cheng and Xie Lian popped in to see Wangji trying to calm Hua Ying. Hua Cheng grabbed Hua Ying and held him close, "it's alright A'Ying...try not to get worked up."

"I'm sorry," Hua Ying said.

"It's okay," Wangji said, "it will not be brought up again."

"What happened?" Xie Lian asked.

"We were asking Hua Ying if he was going to come clean to Jiang Wanyin," Wangji replied.

"He will eventually I am sure, but it's hard for him to do so until he comes to terms with it himself," Hua Cheng said, "it will be okay."

"I accept it," Hua Ying said feeling his legs grow weak. He and Hua Cheng knelt in the floor, "I accept that I am Wei Wuxian. I accept that I did all those things and that I was left alone. I accept that I couldn't save anyone I cared about."

"You are so much more," Hua Cheng said, "you may be him, but you are Hua Ying now. You have this new life and if you keep dwelling on the past, it will haunt you."

"Then get this extra soul away from me," Hua Ying told him.

"If we did that, we need a vessel to keep it in, and you could lose some memories," Hua Cheng said.

"What memories?" Hua Ying asked.

"You will potentially forget who Wei Wuxian is and anyone in his who was in his life...including...Wangji," Hua Cheng said, "it's a risk removing an extra soul in one body."

Hua Ying looked at Wangji then looked at his A'Die, "I can't do that. I can't hurt Lan Zhan like that. I will have to suffer from this until Wei Wuxian finds his peace...will I still forget if we did that?"

"No, because you properly helped a lost soul, and your memory won't be effected," Hua Cheng said.

"I will just try to deal with it then," Hua Ying said and pulled out of Hua Cheng's arms, "I'm a bit tired."

"Come," Xie Lian said and took Hua Ying to his and Hua Cheng's room to let him sleep.

Lan Wangji sighed and looked at Hua Cheng, "will it help him with his pain?" Wangji asked.

"Transferring the soul?" Hua Cheng said, "it will remove it of course but he will never find true happiness if he did it...you'd offer to let him forget you so he'd stop suffering?"

Wangji nodded, "he and Wei Ying are the same person in my mind. I love him, and I am willing to let him go if he wants to be happy. I will find justice for him."

"Hua Ying won't because he needs you," Hua Cheng said, "I spent eight hundred years, waiting for Xie Lian. If I could wish for anything, I'd wish that no one would ever have to wait for their true love like that. I would wish them happiness right away. I know what it's like to have no one. Which is why so many people steered clear and felt like I wasn't a good person. I just wanted to be able to Xie Lian again because I was tired of being alone and having to wait for him. So I made something happen."

Lan Xichen felt a sharp pain twisting in his chest. He felt bad for Hua Cheng and hoped that Wangji wouldn't suffer the same way. Hua Ying wasn't going to do it, as he needs Wangji and Wangji needs him. What Wangji said, both Wei Ying and Hua Ying are the same person to him, was the truth as they were the same person to begin with.