43

"Jin Ling, get over here!" Jiang Cheng yelled.

Jin Ling went over to Jiang Cheng, leaving the other juniors with Hua Ying, Wangji, and Hua Ying's parents.

"Hanguang Jun, who are these people you are with? How is the ghost general still alive?" A Yao disciple asked.

Hua Ying smirked, "if Wen Ning is alive now, who was it that said he died?"

"Who are you?" A Jiang disciple asked.

Hua Ying turned to his parents and Wangji. They could tell that Hua Ying was ready to show his true face. He knew they had his back so after removing the mask, he turned to the crowd of sect leaders.

"I may look like your Yiling Patriach, but in truth I am his reincarnation, Hua Ying, and standing here with Hanguang Jun and me, are my parents, Xie Lian and Hua Cheng," he told them.

"Hua Cheng? As in Crimson Rain Sought Flower?" Sect Leader Yao asked, "why are they here?"

"We were informed that a siege was going to take place here, and upon arrival, we saw your junior disciples tied up. They spoke of a figure in a ghost mask," Hua Ying said.

"How are we to trust you? You say you are Hua Ying but you look and sound like Wei Wuxian!" Su MinShan asked.

Hua Ying looked at the man, and he felt that there was something wrong with him, "I'm sorry but who are you?" Hua Ying asked.

"Hua Ying, that is Su Shi, he was banned from the Lan Sect for giving secrets to the Wen Sect when they ambushed Cloud Recesses all those years ago," Sizhui told him, "he is now a sect leader of the Moling Su Sect, using similar techniques to the Lan Sect, even using the Guqin."

"I only ask because I can sense a curse from here," Hua Ying said, "but it is not cast on you."

"What are you playing at?" Su MinShan asked.

"A'Die?" Hua Ying asked.

Hua Cheng turned to his normal appearance as sent out his butterflies to Su Shi. In doing so, they tore open his robes revealing his chest."

"Would you look at that? Hundred holes? Didn't a Jin get curse with that long ago?" Hua Ying asked.

Jiang Cheng turned to Su MinShan, "you are the reason for all this mess? But it may not only be you!"

"What is the reason for you all here?" Hua Ying asked, "since Su Shi has a curse, his spiritual energy should be slightly impaired. So how are you able to hold up now?"

Su Shi used a teleportation talisman and disappeared from the mounds.

"He is the ghost faced guy," Xie Lian said, "he has the Yin Hu Fu."

Soon enough, the mounds were filled with walking corpses. The sect's energy was really low so Hua Ying, Wangji, and Hua Ying's parents fought off the corpses while the others cleared out. Hua Ying used his fan to fight them off more, as he covered more ground compared to his sword.

"A'Ying, you and Wangji go make sure the other sects get out safely. We will track you with a butterfly," Hua Cheng said, "go we will be okay."

Hua Ying nodded, "Wen Ning?"

"Mind if I stay to help them?" Wen Ning asked.

"You can stay," Xie Lian said and turned to Wangji, "protect him. The sects may try to pull something when they get their energy back."

Wangji nodded, "you have my word."

Wangji grabbed Hua Ying. Hua Ying smiled and dispersed into butterflies taking Wangji with him. They ended up just behind Jiang Cheng who was trialing the others. They all spoke of going to Lotus Pier to rest.

"Want to at least go with them and then we head to Yunping once we reach Lotus Pier?" Hua Ying asked.

"Sure," Wangji said.

They were to look after the sects all the way to Lotus Pier. Jiang Cheng stood their looking at the two.

"We are not staying, we are leaving," Hua Ying said, "I know that even the reincarnation of Wei Wuxian shouldn't be near your sect."

"The dogs are put away, you can come," Jiang Cheng said.

Hua Ying stared at him wondering if he should trust his words, and just watched him walk away. Hua Ying then looked at Wangji, "your uncle is their as well but do I even want to trust his words?"

"I will not let anything happen to you, and you and I can teleport out quickly if we need to," Wangji said.

Hua Ying nodded. Wangji kept Hua Ying's hand in his as they walked through the gate of the Jiang Sect. They then stood at the door of the throne room, as other sect leaders were talking about the siege that just happened. Jiang Cheng was out as he was told he had to talk with someone so everyone was waiting on him.

Hua Ying leaned against the doorframe as he felt a bit bored but then a silver butterfly came and landed on his nose. Hua Ying giggled, "hi A'Die," he said letting the butterfly crawl onto his finger.

Lan Wangji looked at Hua Ying fondly as the little silver butterfly flew to sit on Hua Ying's pony tail, "cute," Wangji said.

"No you," Hua Ying said. Hua Ying then heard a throat clear and saw his parents had finally arrived, "hi, A'Die you butterfly seems to like my hair."

"I can see that," Hua Cheng said.

"Are you two okay?" Hua Ying asked.

"Of course, they are simple for me to handle," Hua Cheng said.

Hua Ying giggled, "Jiang Cheng said he was fine with me here. I am not sure if I should be worried or not."

"I dare him to try anything with us here," Xie Lian said.

Hua Ying felt so blessed to have such amazing and protective parents as well as an amazing and protective partner.