30

Hua Ying was the first to wake up after Lan Wangji and Lan Xichen. Wangji and Xichen were up at their normal five in the morning time, and they spent that time meditating and then talking about the situation. They even talked about trying to work things out between each other. Xichen wanted to gain his brother's trust again. He knows he has to work hard for it, and to really gain it, he has to accept the truth of Jin Guangyao.

Hua Ying stirred and saw that he was laying between his parents. He felt blessed to have such good parents this time around. He couldn't help but smile.

"Someone is showing off their bunny teeth again, GeGe," Hua Cheng mumbled.

Xie Lian smiled and propped himself up on his side using his elbow, "I see that," he said and poked Hua Ying on the nose.

"Baba," Hua Ying whined playfully. Hua Cheng and Xie Lian looked at each other smiled and then looked at Hua Ying, "uh-oh," he said and then in a puff of dozens of red butterflies, Hua Ying was on the other side of the room.

Hua Cheng was just as fast and grabbed Hua Ying from behind. Xie Lian quickly got to them and started to tickle him.

"Not far!! Ha ha! Tag team!" Hua Ying laughed.

"Yup," Hua Cheng said.

Hua Ying struggled through his fit of laughter as he tried to get out of his A'Die's grip. Hua Cheng placed a kiss on his cheek while Xie Lian placed one on his forehead before letting him go. Hua Ying puffed into a dozen butterflies again and appeared in Lan Wangji's lap.

"Protect me," Hua Ying said.

"I...don't know if I am capable of doing that," Wangji said, "your parents are way stronger then me."

Hua Cheng and Xie Lian laughed as the two joined the others at the table, "We won't hurt you Wangji," Xie Lian said.

"Mnn," Wangji nodded.

"Wangji and I were talking about the next move...as I am the sect leader of the Lan Sect, I am needed in Lanling for a conference meeting in a few days. I think it would be a good opportunity to look into Jin Guangyao," Xichen said.

"While you three are in the meeting, Hua Cheng and I will look further into Jin Guangyao. We have techniques that can gather proof super quickly and they are always very accurate as they cannot be manipulated," Xie Lian said.

"The butterflies," Hue Ying said, "since some of the cultivators have seen my butterflies, they might know something is up, but if A'Die uses his, it could work."

"They are always good at collecting evidence," Hua Cheng said, "they can record conversations and track down information. I hope you would trust me enough to know you will support the evidence I find."

"Since I've seen the butterflies work, I trust them," Xichen said, "and you are sure they cannot be altered or manipulated?"

"One hundred percent sure. I'm a ghost king, I invented these butterflies. They are reliable and they never give false information," Hua Cheng said.

"Baba, I know we are talking about all this, but I am starving," Hua Ying said.

Xie Lian chuckled, "well, we will get breakfast while you go dress properly for today," he said.

"Okay," Hua Ying said.

He placed a kiss on Wangji's cheek before getting up and went to go bathe and get dressed for today. When he came back he had breakfast with the others and continued to just casually talk.

"So are you going to continue to help us?" Hua Ying asked.

Hua Cheng smirked, "yes...sorry we can't give you more private time with your honey bunny. You will have to wait."

"A'Die!" Hua Ying said. Hua Cheng just shrugged and smiled. Hua Ying gave Wangji an apologetic smile. Wangji shook his head as he didn't mind. He is used to teasing by now, "Lan Zhan, Xichen-Ge, as I am to be wearing my mask, if anyone causes me problems, I don't know what I will do."

"We will be there to help you. Just don't provoke others," Wangji told him.

Xie Lian laughed, "he is too much like Hua Cheng. Why do you think I'm by him all the time. It helps keep him from doing just that."

"Hey now, don't out me like that," Hua Cheng said.

"Oops," Xie Lian said.

"You know what, I need to take Xie Lian somewhere for a little bit," Hua Cheng said and they both teleported out of the room.

"Well, they won't be back for a while," Hua Ying said.

"How do you know that?" Xichen asked.

"That was flirting for them in a way. The look on my A'Die's face says it all too. I actually walked in on them a couple times by accident," Hua Ying said.

Wangji looked at Hua Ying, "doing?"

"Exchanging essence," Hua Ying said, "you know, intimately...what we can do when we marry."

Xichen started choking on his tea after hearing Hua Ying's shameless words, "ugh, older brother is still in the room."

Hua Ying smirked, "hey, he asked."

"You did not have to add that last bit," Xichen said.

"Why? You don't what to know about your brother's private life?" Hua Ying asked.

"Hua Ying," Wangji warned.

Hua Ying laughed, "you Lans are unbelievable sometimes."

"Try dealing with someone like you," Wangji said.

"Do you not like dealing with me?" Hua Ying asked giving him a pouting face.

"I didn't mean it in a bad way," Wangji said, "I meant you are very mischievous when you want to be."

"Oh," Hua Ying said and looked down at his hands on his lap, "I...am sorry."

Wangji blinked a couple times, "don't be. I fell in love with you because of who you are. I do not wish for that to change. Do you understand me," Wangji told him.

Hua Ying nodded.

"Then can you look at me?" Wangji asked. Hua Ying looked up at him. Wangji placed a soft kiss on Hua Ying's lips and then his forehead before pulling him into a hug, "mine," he says.

Hua Ying giggled, "yes I am yours."