33

Hua Ying appeared in the same room where is parents were and collapsed to the floor. He was hyperventilating and could barely focus. He was quite disoriented at the moment.

"A'Ying, what happened?" Hua Cheng asked.

"Jiang Cheng...he might know...he called a...dog...I got scared...I teleported out...I'm sorry," Hua Ying answered through heavy sporadic breathing.

Hua Cheng changed his appearance to look like San Lang and left to take Hua Ying's place. He told Hua Ying to stay with Xie Lian.

"San Lang?" Wangji asked, "is Hua Ying okay? I didn't expect Jiang Wanyin to pull such a stunt. I'm sorry."

"I do not blame you, he is with Xie Lian," San Lang said, "mind if I replace him?"

"Sure, A'Ying sent his butterflies around to look around, I don't know if you can look into that," Wangji informed him.

"That is useful information," San Lang said.

As San Lang it was similar to his appearance as Hua Cheng, but without the eyepatch and he had a more gentle look to him. Since he saw Jiang Cheng once before, he knows who to look for. So when he found him, San Lang approached him.

"You are Sect Leader Jiang?" San Lang asked.

"Yes," Jiang Cheng replied turning to him. Next thing he knew, he felt something hit him right in his jaw.

San Lang let out a deep breath, "that for for disrespecting my son," he said.

"What the hell? You can't just punch a sect leader!" Jiang Cheng yelled.

"I just did, what are you going to do about it?" San Lang asked.

"Was it the man who disappeared in a pile of butterflies?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"Yes, that is my son Hua Ying, and he is much more important than you will ever be. So next time, I find out you pull another stunt like that, it won't be a punch in the face. It will be in the dantian...where your beloved sworn brother gave you his golden core!" San Lang said loudly.

Everyone was looking at them in shock. Not just because Jiang Cheng just got punched, but because they just heard something about a golden core. San Lang turned to leave when he heard the sizzling sound of Zidian. San Lang huffed with a smirk and with one hand, he caught the purple whip. Jiang Cheng was shocked like before, Hua Ying could hold it without it harming him, it was the same for San Lang.

"Did you know, I took on thirty three heavenly officials, and defeated them all," he said as E-Ming came out.

E-Ming (厄命, È-Mìng) is the cursed scimitar of Hua Cheng and the weapon he used to defeat the martial gods during his infamous challenge with the thirty-three Heavenly Officials. E-Ming is a slender, long and curved scimitar that Hua Cheng wears on his waist. On the hilt of the scimitar, is a closed, silver eye crafted upon it. The eye has the ability to open and close itself and is described to look like a crimson gem when opened.

"Crimson Rain Sought Flower?" A man said, "one of the four great calamities?"

San Lang change his appearance back to Hua Cheng. It was just as Xie Lian and Hua Ying came in. Hua Ying was doing okay though he was looking for the dog. Wangji pulled him close and made sure that he was safe.

"Now now, Hua Cheng," Xie Lian said.

"Tiazi Dianxia," Hua Cheng said with a bow, "he hurt our son."

"I know, but you are a better person then him. Let go of the whip, and put E-Ming away," Xie Lian said.

"Can someone please explain what is going on here?" Nie Huaisang asked.

"In due time," Hua Ying said, "trust us."

Jiang Cheng scoffed when he called his Zidian back and stormed out of the banquet all. Hua Cheng and Xie Lian were to meet up with the others later that evening at the inn. They left so Hua Ying was the only one left with Wangji and Xichen.

Hua Ying bowed to Jin Guangyao, "I apologize for my family's actions and interruption of the banquet," he said.

"It's alright...plus with parents like yours it's best to not hold a grudge," Jin Guangyao replied.

Hua Ying nodded, "if you are sure."

Jin Guangyao nods, "if you will excuse me, my wife was a bit unwell earlier so I am going to go check on her again," he said and left the two.

"I'm sorry," Hua Ying said to Wangji, "when can we go?"

"No need to apologize, and I will speak with Xiongzhang," Wangji said, "come."

Wangji escorted Hua Ying outside. There they met up with Xichen who was having a word with Nie Huaisang.

"XiongZhang?" Wangji asked.

Xichen turned to his brother, "is everything alright?" He asked.

"Hua Ying wants to head back to the inn. Especially after what happened with Jiang Wanyin, would you be okay if I escort him back?" Wangji asked.

"Of course, I will be back shortly, I want to speak with Huaisang," Xichen said and looked at Hua Ying, "you okay?"

"Trying to be," Hua Ying answered, "I should be better after some rest. My nerves are just all over the place right now."

"Alright," Xichen said, "don't do anything inappropriate, Wangji."

"His parents are back at the inn," Wangji protested.

Lan Xichen chuckled as he walked away with Nie Huaisang. Lan Wangji then left with Hua Ying, teleporting straight back to their room at the inn. Hua Ying's parents were already there waiting for Hua Ying and Wangji. Wangji told them that his brother will return shortly. He then sat down on the bed with Hua Ying laying comfortably on his lap. It didn't take long for him to fall asleep.

"He is asleep?" Xie Lian asked.

Wangji nodded, "did you find anything useful?"

"We did...we have evidence that Jin Guangyao had Chifeng-Zun's head. He has several of Wei Wuxian's old blue prints and other documents. He even had Suibian in his possession," Xie Lian explained.

"They have Wei Ying's sword?" Wangji asked, "why?"

"My guess, trap," Hua Cheng said, "Wei Wuxian's sword has a spirit and only answers to him. Meaning no one can removed it from the sheathe. Jiang Wanyin can though, as he has Wei Wuxian's golden core."

"Why did you punch him?" Wangji asked.

"He humiliated Hua Ying more than once," Hua Cheng said, "he should be grateful that was all I did. I could have sent my butterflies over to his sect and blow it up."

Wangji had a chill run down his spine, "Hua Ying wouldn't like that," Wangji said.

"That's the only reason why I did not do it," Hua Cheng said and looked at Hua Ying sleeping in Wangji's arms, "I'm glad he has you to look after him. Especially when we are not available. Hua Ying likes being in other's company but it's hard for him sometimes as he has a unique personality."

"I have noticed," Wangji said, "but I am more than happy to be by his side if he needs me. If he doesn't, I will respect his decision."

"I do not think that will be a problem," Xie Lian said, "he likes you too much."

Wangji nodded. The three had talked more for a bit before Wangji himself, started to doze of from being exhausted. Xie Lian and Hua Cheng helped tuck them into bed properly before covering them with the blanket and waited for Xichen to come back.