31

Hua Ying, his parents, and the twin Jades were a day early when they arrived to Lanling. They rented out two rooms at a nearby inn. It was far more luxurious then Hua Ying could ever expect. Though he has Wei Wuxian's memories he doesn't have a lot of memories on the sects. The Lan Sect were rich but they never flaunted it or even made it seem so. The Jin Sect, were by far the most successful when it comes to wealth. They made it pretty clear just by the nice way everyone lived.

Members of the Lanling Jin sect wore delicately embroidered clothes that display a magnificent white peony on their chests – their crest symbol, the Sparks-Amidst-Snow. They wear a vermilion mark between their eyes to symbolize their openness towards wisdom and aspiration, and their intention to "illuminate the world with vermilion light." The Lanling sect uses their considerable wealth to gain advantages during night-hunts, such as expensive Immortal-Binding Nets

Hua Ying was surprised to be honest. The Jin Sect would step up for the sake of the people within the boundaries of Lanling, but he knew that it wasn't like that for other sects. The were just as stuck up and arrogant as most painful and annoying thorn in the ass.

"I don't remember much from back then, maybe my memory isn't all back yet, but I forgot how arrogant the Jin Sect was...is it still like that?" Hua Ying asked as he got comfortable in Wangji's lap.

Xie Lian sat between Wangji and Hua Cheng, and Xichen sat between Hua Cheng and Wangji, leaving Hua Ying to be in his fiancé's lap as they sat around a table.

"It's not as bad I suppose," Lan Xichen said, "Jin Zixun isn't here to make any scenes."

Hua Ying nodded. He didn't remember his name, but it was another Jin, that died along with Jiang Yanli's husband, "that one who accused Wei Wuxian of placing that stupid curse?" He asked.

"That would be him," Wangji said, "no one let anyone know if his curse left when Wei Wuxian died."

"Even if you were to get the proof now, you would know Wei Wuxian isn't the one to put curses on anyone. Especially people he thinks so little of. If he wanted that Jin dead, he would have died totally differently. Wei Wuxian would even say so himself," Hua Ying said.

"Well, we have evidence of a second flute," Hua Cheng said.

Hua Ying nodded, "I get that people didn't understand him or the ghost path, but why was everyone so interested in his cultivation to begin with? It's his life, he has a right not to share anything with anyone. People got more arrogant when they wanted to get their hands on that Yin Hu Fu."

Wangji swallowed, "I was more worried about his health and wellbeing. If he continued to use that path, I wasn't going to stop him, but I wanted to help him...I just didn't know how to say so back then," he said.

Hua Ying looked up and Wangji. Hearing Wangji ask Wei Wuxian to go back to Gusu rang in his mind. Hua Ying smiled and placed his hand on Wangji's cheek, "when this investigation is over with, I will return to Gusu with you...as I am marrying you to course."

Lan Wangji blinked a couple times before his ears started to turn red and he hid his face on Hua Ying's hair. Hua Ying giggled, "that's my Lan-er-Gege."

Wangji stiffened, "don't call me that," he said.

"Why?" Hua Ying asked.

Wangji wanted to desperately say that hearing him say that is a big turn on to him and it only makes him want to pounce on Hua Ying more, but with his brother and Hua Ying's parents in the room, it was hard to really explain that.

"I think it's best if you wait until we marry before calling me that," Wangji whispered into Hua Ying's ear.

Hua Ying's face turned a bright pink as he now understood. He didn't realize just how much he effected Wangji, "oh," Hua Ying said.

"Take it easy you two," Hua Cheng said as he noticed the two boys getting flushed and flustered.

"Sorry A'Die," Hua Ying said, "I just didn't know that some of my words can get such interesting reactions from Lan Zhan...you know, like how you call Baba Gege."

Hua Cheng couldn't help but chuckle. Xie Lian on the other hand, gently smacked Hua Cheng's arm before turning to Hua Ying, "remember you are still only sixteen."

Hua Ying nodded, "I know, not my intention, I promise."

Lan Xichen just sat there enjoying everything play out. Hearing what his brother said about how some things can get certain reactions from him, he felt amused.

"I do have to say, Didi, you've got it bad," Xichen said.

"Why don't you find someone?" Wangji asked.

"What?" Xichen asked.

Hua Ying smirked, "there are a lot of people I know that would love to meet a guy like you, Xichen-Ge," he teased, emphasizing the word Ge, "are you more into men like your brother, or are you into women?"

Lan Xichen was taken back by the sudden change in topics, of course, I get roped into this, he thought.

"I am perfectly fine on my own for now," Xichen said, "but thank you for the concern."

Hua Ying's grin grew, "okay, Zewu Jun," he taunted.

Lan Xichen glared at Hua Ying, sealing his lips shut with the silence spell. He gave Hua Ying the full dose of it, so it would last half an hour and Wangji couldn't break it. If he wanted to be free, Hua Ying would have to force it. Hua Ying's parents were actually quite amused. Hua Ying just Hmphed, and pouted as he leaned more into Wangji.

"Huan-Ge warned you A'Ying," Wangji said.

Hua Ying hmphed again and dispersed into butterflies and reappeared in his A'Die's lap. Hua Cheng chuckled and wrapped his arms around him to comfort him.

"It will be okay," Hua Cheng said, "I got you."

Wangji sighed and glared at his brother. Lan Xichen just smiled and shrugged before taking a sip of his tea.