7

((Sensitive themes in this chapter, read with discretion))
.
.
.
______________

Lan Xichen led Hua Ying through the main courtyard of Cloud Recesses and to a room called Yashi (Elegant Room). There is where the guests would go to speak with the sect leader if they have a scheduled meeting arranged. Lan Xichen did not have one set for Hua Ying, but he wanted to know more about this boy. Once they entered Yashi, Lan Xichen placed a Privacy Ward around the room. It will keep others from listening in on their conversations.

"Come and have a seat," Lan Xichen offered, "we can talk."

"Okay," Hua Ying said and sat across from him at the table.

Lan Xichen started to boil water so he could prepare tea, "while that is heating up, mind if I ask you a question?"

"You can asked me anything. To be honest though, whether I am comfortable answering will be the real question. There are some things about me that I cannot let others know. It is dangerous for others more so than me really," Hua Ying said.

"Whatever is said in this room, will not leave this room," Lan Xichen assured him, "that is why I added the barrier."

Hua Ying nodded, "so what do you want to know?"

"Why do you wear a mask?" Lan Xichen asked. Hua Ying looked around as if he was checking if they were alone, "we are alone."

"That does not mean others can not see from the window," Hua Ying said, "I want to be honest with you as what I am actually trying to do is bring justice to someone who died a long time ago that should not have. They were framed and died unjustly. They were blamed, berated, humiliated, scolded, mocked, and so much else, and they lost everything. Three families...that is what they lost. Three families, and sacrificed something that no cultivator would ever even consider."

"You are here to bring justice for Wei Wuxian?" Lan Xichen asked.

Hua Ying nodded, "I was born over sixteen years ago. That was around the time he passed away. When I was born, his lost soul, latched onto mine. So, his soul lives inside me, as of right now. He is not able to be at peace because he does not have anyone to help him get there. I am just a vessel for him right now. I have some of his memories and he speaks to me occasionally as well...you probably think I am crazy."

Lan Xichen shook his head, "I do not. I trust what you tell me is the truth...that still does not explain the mask."

Hua Ying was hesitant but he removed it from his face for a moment to show Lan Xichen why he wears it, "I saw a painting of what he looked like. Apparently, I could pass off as his twin," Hua Ying said and put the mask back on, "I wear it because people will assume I am Wei Wuxian when I am not. I am Hua Ying."

"I see now," Xichen said, "so how are you so strong when you are only sixteen?"

"I am half god, and half ghost...my Baba was blessed to be able to conceive a child. He is known as the Heavenly Martial Emperor Xie Lian, and my A'Die is known as Crimson Rain Sought Flower, Hua Cheng, a supreme ghost king, also known as one of the four calamities...so I am known as The Red Prince of the three realms...and you do not have to bow or anything. It is not needed," Hua Ying explained.

Lan Xichen now understood. Hua Ying's aura was divided. It came off as warm but there was an occasional chill that came off him from time to time.

"So, you know everything about resentment then," Xichen said.

"I do, as it half of what I am. I am the balance of the two energies. The gods always call me the prince that was promised...the one who will balance out the cultivation world. As it has been noticed that the sects have been fairly divided over the past few decades," Hua Ying said.

"I see, I have to ask, are you willing to help us with a recent case...the one with the arm?" Xichen asked.

"Of course...but I have one favor to ask," Hua Ying said.

"Please," Xichen said.

"I understand that your brother has been mourning Wei Wuxian for a long time...when the time is right, will you let me be the one to tell him everything?" Hua Ying asked, "I do not want him getting hurt or getting the wrong idea when I try to explain...so I may need your help of course so I would come to you in advance, but I do not know if now is the right time...I am still trying to figure out all this with Wei Wuxian."

"I will accept that," Lan Xichen said, "but if you do not want to tell him about the soul at the moment, tell him about being framed at least. The truth behind Wei Wuxian's demise."

"That I can do," Hua Ying said, "as he did not have any choice with his cultivation, he did what he thought was right."

"Whar do you mean?" Xichen asked.

"Wei Wuxian said he would carry the secret to his grave but let me just say this. Why do you think he made excuses every time someone asked him where his sword was? Why he would not want to participate in events and became very closed off?" Hua Ying questioned.

"What do you know?" Lan Xichen asked.

"Wei Wuxian did not have a golden core," Hua Ying answered, "he went missing for three months, but when he returned, that was when he stopped using his sword and used his ghost flute. He didn't have a golden core anymore. When Lotus Pier was massacred, Jiang Yanli, Jiang Wanyin, and Wei Wuxian were the only three who survived. Jiang Yanli got sick with a fever so Wei Wuxian left to get medicine. Jiang Wanyin, then disappeared. He was found in Lotus Pier and his golden core was crushed by Wen Zhuliu.

"Jiang Yanli, Jiang Cheng, and Wei Wuxian hid at a supervising office in Yiling with Wen Qing and Wen Ning. Wei Wuxian found a scroll that had a theory about golden core transfers. It took some convincing but he got Wen Qing to do it. Jiang Wanyin was tricked into going to a mountain and was blindfolded. He was made to think he was meeting Wei Wuxian's grandmaster and grandmother, Baoshan Sanren.

Wen Qing knocked him out with a fragrance and then performed a procedure that lasted two nights and a day. Wei Wuxian could not use anesthetics and there was only a fifty percent chance of it to succeed. It did, but several days afterwards, Wei Wuxian was captured by Wen Chao. He was beaten, tortured, thrown around...even got raped by a couple Wen disciples...Wen Chao even set a few hounds loose on him. Wei Wuxian already had a fear of dogs so that just made it worse.

After all that torture, he was taken high into the sky and thrown into the burial mounds. Believe it or not, but he technically died as soon as he hit the ground. He was only living because of the resentful energy holding him together. The Amulet was to help him harness the energy better and the flute was to help him guide it and control it.

Wei Wuxian suffered alone and never let a single person know. He helped Wen Qing and her family because they were only farmers and healers. There were no cultivators in her group. Just elderly folk, and even a child. Wen Qing and Wen Ning took no part in the war with Wen Ruohan and they died anyway.

Wei Wuxian died. He left his sect because Jiang Wanyin felt that he could not help. He was to young and also a new sect leader to even understand what was going on. He lost that family in Lotus Pier. He lost his biological parents, and he lost a third family. The Dafan Wens took him in as a member of the family and he died. He was told he cursed Jin Zixun with the hundred holes curse. There was a second flute playing that day when he and Jin Zixuan died. The flute came back the night Wei Wuxian died....I am sorry I just spill all of that. I have Wei Wuxian's memories and I have information that can easily be obtained from my home."

Lan Xichen was frozen in his seat. He had to take a long moment to process what he just heard. Wei Wuxian died feeling absolutely betrayed and alone. He had no choice but to use resentful energy at the time. He wanted nothing more than to protect his family. Lan Xichen now wanted to tell Wangji all of this information. He deserved to know the truth of what Wei Wuxian went through.