34

The following day, everyone but Hua Ying was awake. They felt that Hua Ying needed the rest as he has been stressed out and struggling for a while now. Wangji was happily leaning against the headboard of the bed with Hua Ying laying on him. Wangji didn't mind this at all. He has gotten rather used to it. As they laid there, some thoughts crossed Wangji's mind.

"Xiongzhang?" Wangji asked.

"Yes Wangji?"

"Does Shufu know of Hua Ying and who he is?" Wangji asked.

Lan Xichen blinked a couple times as he thought, he then sighed as he realize he had yet to speak with him, "um...have you spoken to him?" He asked.

"That is why I asked you, because I have not," Wangji said, "my communication with him has been less so since I was punished long ago."

Lan Xichen felt a chill run down his spine, "I will talk to him," he said.

"Maybe we could," Xie Lian said, "with us being Hua Ying's parents, we can sit down and explain the situation to him."

"That might be something we could try," Xichen said, "he has a bit of a problem towards Wei Wuxian, even before he started using resentful energy."

"We know," Hua Cheng said, "we read up on the history of Wei Wuxian and his relationships with other people. Your uncle is included. He sees not only Wei Wuxian's mother within him but he also sees that Wei Wuxian is just to troublesome to help."

Lan Wangji closed his eyes, and started to calm his breathing. He has already had an issue with his uncle, but he doesn't want to add more weight to that. Hearing what Hua Cheng said, cause some sparks of anger to be triggered within him. Lan Wangji needed to get his thoughts under control. Hua Ying started to stir as he rolled off of Wangji and laid on his back beside him. His eyes slowly opened, revealing beautiful but a slightly haunting crimson. Wangji and Hua Ying's eyes made contact causing Hua Ying to giggle.

"Stop being so cute, Lan Zhan," Hua Ying said.

"I'm just sitting here, if anyone is being cute, it is you right now," Wangji said.

Hua Ying sat up and was about to playfully argue with him but he saw his parents and Xichen sitting there with a smile on their faces. Hua Ying sat in lotus form and placed his hands in his lap before behaving like he did nothing wrong.

"Oh, someone is trying to keep himself from being mischievous," Hua Cheng pointed out.

"No!" Hua Ying argued.

"I know that look A'Ying, it's true," Hua Cheng pointed out.

"What were you guys talking about?" Hua Ying asked trying to change the subject.

"These Lans of yours forget to mention to their Uncle of who you are," Hua Cheng said, "your Baba and I are going to go see him and have a word with him."

"Wait, he doesn't know of me or who I am?" Hua Ying asked.

"So it seems," Xie Lian said.

"Well, I mentions to Shufu that we have outside help with this investigation but I didn't know what to say on who it was," Xichen said.

"So he knows you are working with others to solve this issue?" Xie Lian asked.

"Yes," Xichen replied.

"Well, you three have fun waiting here, we will go have a nice chat with Lan Qiren," Hua Cheng said.

"A'Die, don't make him Qi Deviate, please," Hua Ying said.

"Do not worry, I have your Baba with me," Hua Cheng said and then left with him.

Hua Ying sighed, "whatever they do or say, I apologize in advance."

"Not on you, A'Ying," Wangji said.

Hua Ying smiled and snuggled up to Wangji, "good morning though, you too, Xichen-Ge."

"Good morning, A'Ying," Xichen said, "did you sleep well?"

"I did, sleeping beside Lan Zhan is very nice," Hua Ying said.

Lan Wangji growled softly, "shameless."

"Yeah, do you have a point to make?" Hua Ying asked, "if you don't like me sleeping by you, I can just sleep on my own from now on."

"Nonsense!" Wangji said loudly.

Hua Ying giggled and sat up, "then make up your mind. You are giving me mixed messages here," He said.

"He has a point Wangji," Xichen said, "remember back then you were sending mixed message to A'Xian."

Lan Wangji furrowed his brow and pouted, "I apologize...I just thought in this scenario you could pick up on my sarcasm."

Hua Ying stared at Wangji for a moment then looked at Xichen. Xichen was also a bit confused, "sarcasm? Is that what you have been doing this entire time?" Hua Ying asked, "is my brain just that oblivious?"

"Well, I don't know if it is sarcasm or teasing," Wangji said, "I thought maybe it would be picked up on and you would react. After a while when I started coming to terms with liking Wei Ying, that was more my intention...I didn't mean to send mixed messages. Even now to you Hua Ying, I didn't mean to imply that I didn't like you by me at night. I don't mind you being shameless either."

Hua Ying placed the back of his hand on Wangji's forehead, "you don't feel warm, are you feeling okay?" He asked then looked at Xichen, "what happened?"

Xichen chuckled, "seems like my brother is trying to figure out how to tease and be playful."

"But, he has been successful before why is he still trying to figure it out?" Hua Ying asked.

"I'm not as mischievous as you are," Wangji pointed out.

Hua Ying giggled and placed a kiss on Wangji's cheek, "you have a great point," he said, "but you don't have to be mischievous to flirt or tease. It just comes naturally. I can teach you."

Wangji looked at Hua Ying, "and how would you do that?" He asked.

"You'll just have to learn as we go," Hua Ying said, "but back to the main topic, even though my parents are not here, I know what they found at Koi Tower. Did you want to wait for them to return or do you want me to just tell you?"

"We should wait for your parents, they seem to be fully invested in this now too," Xichen said, "plus I am trying to prepare myself for whatever it is."

"Well, we have some information already as last night his parents told us some things," Wangji pointed out.

"Which is why I am wanting to wait a bit. I need a moment to process that information," Xichen said, "I know I hurt you and A'Ying back then but this, this is something now that has fallen upon me. I have so much guilt built up for what happened and I am trying very hard not to break down at the moment, so please, just give me a few minutes."

Wangji nodded, "you know, even though I didn't have to lash out like I did, but it's all in the past between us for what happened. I forgave you that night we talked it out. I'm sorry if I did not make that clear."

Lan Xichen nodded, "thank you."

Hua Ying felt that they should let Xichen meditate on this for a bit so they then let him be for a while. Hua Ying and Wangji just cuddled up in bed for the time being.