26

Hua Ying woke the next day in the arms of Lan Wangji. He smiled knowing that his parents left him in good comfort. Hua Ying will not do the soul transfer because he loves Wangji. He knows that the Wei Wuxian inside of him wouldn't want that either. Besides, laying there in Lan Wangji's arms was the best comfort he has ever felt. No offense to his parents.

Hua Ying looked at Wangji's beautiful face, taking his pointer finger and lightly traced the features on Wangji's face. Following the structure of his eyebrows and the nice arch shape of his nose. The subtleness of Wangji's cheekbones and trailing the firm and finely sculpted jawline. At Wangji's chin, Hua Ying moved moved his finger up to Wangji's lips and traced them.

Hua Ying squealed when Wangji bit down on his finger, "ahh! Lan Zhan! Let go! Are you a dog?!" He said sitting up and pulled his finger away from him. Lan Xichen was sitting across the room staring at them with a blank expression on his face. He could see a sudden fear rush over Hua Ying's eyes.

Lan Wangji sat up, "be careful where you put your finger next time," he said.

"I was just..." Hua Ying began but stopped and pouted.

Lan Wangji sighed and grabbed Hua Ying's hand, "no blood," he said.

"I was just trying to admire your beauty, is that so wrong for me to do?" Hua Ying asked finally as his face turned a bright red. Lan Xichen grinned as he took a sip of his tea.

"No, I am sorry," Wangji said.

"You owe me," Hua Ying said.

Wangji smiled and grabbed Hua Ying's face and pulled him in to kiss him. Hua Ying wasn't expecting Wangji to pay up so quickly. His eyes were open in shock for a moment before he closed them and melted into Wangji. Lan Xichen was now sitting there and realized the two had no idea that he was there. Honestly, Lan Xichen did not mind. He would step in if he had too, but the two were very oblivious of their surroundings. Lan Xichen couldn't help but let out a quiet chuckle.

Wangji pulled back and rested his forehead to Hua Ying's, "is my debt repaid?" He asked.

"Hmm," Hua Ying said examining his finger, "you did not make me bleed and there are no teeth marks...I say you are good."

Wangji snorted out a quiet chuckle. Hua Ying smiled at him and playfully nudged him. Wangji looked at him sternly and flipped them, pinning Hua Ying under him. His hands were pinned on either side of his head and Wangji hovered over him.

"Did you just nudge me?" Wangji asked.

Hua Ying stared wide eyed, "Hanguang Jun, please don't hurt this poor man of yours too much. I haven't even reached the legal age to marry yet."

"You're mine anyway," Wangji said.

Hua Ying saw someone in his peripherals, "someone else is in the room," he whispered.

"Are you playing tricks?" Wangji asked.

"Why would I joke about someone else being in the room?" Hua Ying asked, "my parents can pop in anytime they want."

Lan Wangji sighed and looked to see if someone else was in the room. That was when he saw his brother sitting there with a smug grin on his face drinking tea and reading a book. Lan Wangji quickly got off of Hua Ying and sat properly on the bed like they had done nothing.

Hua Ying sat up on his knees and wrapped his arms around Wangji as he rested his chin to his shoulders, leaning against him from behind, "I didn't lie to you," he whispered.

"Xiongzhang, how long have you been here?" Wangji asked.

"Entire time," he answered casually.

"Lan Zhan, you are so cute, you blush with your ears," Hua Ying commented.

"Ridiculous," Wangji mumbled.

"Zewu Jun, is it that I, Hua Ying, Lan Zhan's fiancée, am ridiculous for thinking Lan Zhan is cute? Especially when he blushes with his ears?"

"Not at all," Xichen replied.

"See, your brother agrees," Hua Ying said and kissed Wangji's cheek.

Lan Wangji sighed as he removed Hua Ying off him and stood up, "I am going to go bathe," he said and walked into the bathroom.

Hua Ying giggled and looked at Xichen, "did I go too far?" He asked.

"No, Wei Wuxian was just as bold so you are fine," he replied.

Hua Ying got up and moved to sit across from him, "if you are upset with me, I apologize."

"Why would I be upset with you?" Xichen asked.

"About yesterday? With Lan Zhan's confession and then with Jiang Cheng, I'm sorry," Hua Ying said.

"Please do not apologize, Hua Ying, you of all people, have no need for that," Xichen said, "I am actually very happy that you are here."

"Really?" Hua Ying asked.

"Yes, because of you, Wangji has been more verbal about things and he has been a bit more playful," Xichen replied.

"Oh," Hua Ying said, "um, I am happy to help."

"And if you call me Zewu Jun in a casual settling like this again, I will show you what the silencing spell can actually do," he warned.

"So only at formal events?" Hua Ying asked, "what should I call you in the meantime?"

"Call me Xichen or Xichen-Ge," he answered, "whichever you are comfortable with."

"Only if you call me A'Ying," Hua Ying said.

"Alright, you have my word, A'Ying," he said, "at formal events, I will say Hua Ying."

"Okay, Xichen-Ge," Hua Ying said, "I...didn't know if I'd ever have a sibling again...if that is what you are offering."

"You are engaged to my brother, so yes, I am your brother now, well soon anyway," he said, "if you need anything, feel free to let me know."

"Thank you," Hua Ying said.