Chapter 1: Beginning of The End

In a sleepy suburb in Atlanta, Georgia, a large house can be seen as it's bathed in the morning sun's glow. Inside are three people, two children and a single woman. One boy with black hair, fair skin, and freckles on his face as well as a little girl. The girl has brown hair as well as lightly colored skin and hazel eyes. The boy is Y/n & he's the girl's best friend; her name's Clementine. 

Clementine walks into the room where Y/n is sleeping and slowly walks over to the bed, looking at him with a small grin as she holds her hand out and pokes his face as he snores. He shakes his head and turns over, making Clementine squint her eyes. She pokes him some more but still, he stays asleep. 

Clementine: Hmph. Gonna play hard ball, huh? 

She climbs to the foot of the bed and looks down at him; her finger being pointed down. 

Clementine: I tried waking you up the easy way, now it's time for the hard way!

Clementine jumps up and does a belly flop onto Y/n, landing right on his stomach and causing him to lean up as his eyes open. He quickly rubs them & looks at Clementine, who is now on top of his stomach, looking up at him. 

Clementine: Yay, you're awake!

While the belly flop didn't hurt him at all, he's a little annoyed having been woken up like that. 

Y/n: Why didn't you just say my name to wake me up? 

Clementine doesn't say anything for a moment. 

Clementine: You're a heavy sleeper. It wouldn't have worked. 

He looks at her for a second but the annoyance quickly washes away as he sees her smile; it's one of the few things he can't really stay angry at even if he tried. Still, he crosses his arms. 

Y/n: You're lucky you're my best friend, otherwise I'd be a little upset right now. 

She giggles. 

Clementine: Well thank you for being so nice. Come on, Sandra's making breakfast now. 

Clementine crawls out of bed followed by Y/n; He grabs his red bead necklace from the small desk that's beside the bed as well as his hat, putting both on before walking out of the room.

Y/n: Okay, let's go. 

Clementine and Y/n start walking down the hallway towards the stairs together, and being the hungry boy he is, he asks her what's for breakfast. 

Y/n: So, what are we having? 

Clementine: Sandra's making pancakes, bacon, and orange juice!

Y/n: Hm, I'm more of waffle boy to be honest. 

Clementine looks at him almost like he's crazy as he says this. 

Clementine: What? Pancakes are clearly better. 

Y/n: (Gasps) You take that back. Waffles are clearly superior as the little squares can hold more syrup. 

Clementine: Nuh, uh. Pancakes are better because they're softer and can absorb the syrup. 

The two go back and forth on their debate while walking down the stairs, talking the entire time but neither letting up. After a minute they reach the table and sit at it as Sandra brings them the food she made; she takes notice of their bickering and giggles. 

Sandra: (Mind) Despite being as close as they are, they do have a lot of differing takes on food. 

As the food is sat in front of them, the two stop arguing and Y/n notices he has waffles instead of pancakes on his plate. He smiles and looks at Sandra; she has dark hair and light mixed skin, like that of Clementine's.