Chapter 35: Around Every Corner

Y/N Pov. 

We're all walking the empty streets of Savannah. I'm standing with Clementine, Lee, and Carley as the others walk with us. Omid has a limp, but Christa is helping him to walk. I have my guitar on my back and my baseball bat in hand. Lee, Kenny, Carley, Ben, and Christa have their pistols out while Chuck just has his shovel. 

I also told Christa, Omid, and Chuck about my power while we were on the train. At first they didn't believe me until I showed them a little of my said ability. I've gotten better at using my flames, but huge blasts tire me out quicker, and I've started noticing how draining it can be in constant use. Still cool though. 

Y/n: (Mind) On the bright side, at least we haven't came across anyone or anything yet. 

I look over at Clementine and she looks at me, but I turn my head away, using my hat to block the sun from my eyes. I feel Clementine's hand touch my arm and I look back at her; she has a sad expression on her face. 

Clementine: I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the radio. 

I sigh. Nodding towards the front of the group. 

Y/n: Just pay attention, Clem. I don't want you to trip or something.

She sadly nods and I look ahead again. Apparently, she's been talking to some weirdo on the radio and she never even told me about it. It stings a bit. As we walk, I hear Clementine try to talk to Lee.

Clementine: Can't I just hold it? Just for a little while? We're getting real close to where our parents are, maybe I can-

Before she can finish, Lee cuts her off. 

Lee: Not now, Clementine. Maybe later, okay?

Without looking at her, I can hear the sadness in Clem's voice. 

Clementine: Okay.

Walking down the street further, I don't hear or see anything. The streets are mostly empty from what I can see; the only things around are broken down cars or discarded trash like empty boxes and stuff. Suddenly, I hear the sound of Omid groaning and look back to him and Christa as she's helping him along. 

Y/n: Is Omid okay? He doesn't sound too good. 

Christa: His leg's pretty bad.

Omid: I'm fine. 

Christa: You're not fine, you need to rest.

She looks at Lee. 

Christa: He needs to rest.

Lee: Kenny, how much farther to the riverfront.

Kenny just nods ahead. 

Kenny: Should be just a few more blocks up ahead.

Christa: And there'll be boats there?

Lee: There sure as hell better be.

Kenny: There'll be boats. Have to be. Have to be.

Ben: It's going to be okay. Kenny knows what he's doing.

Not really knowing what to do, I face forward again and try to keep my eyes out for anything. I look to my right and look through the gate of someone's house, but of course, there's nobody around. Not even an animal. 

Y/n: Is it just me or does this place feel more deserted than it should? 

Carley: Yeah, I'm getting that feeling, too. Though that's probably a good thing. 

Suddenly, we all hear a loud ringing and we stop moving. I look around for a second and find a large belltower, inside of it I can see the bell inside ringing.