Chapter 9: Attention

With everyone now back from the motel safe and sound, the only thing left to do was find the keys and get into the backroom where all the medicine is stored. Y/n & Clementine are by one another as they sit on the boxes together. Y/n gives the pillow he found to Clementine so that she can hold it as he puts his guitar in his lap. 

Y/n: Since we got back mostly safe, I think I'll play a little song. 

He slowly starts to strum his guitar as he tries to think of a song to play. While he strums, he remembers how beautiful the night looked as they were going to save Glenn from the Motel.

Y/n: ♪Isn't this such a beautiful night, Whoah, we're underneath a thousand shining stars♪ 

Clementine and the others inside the Pharmacy listen as he plays. While most of them are worried about the walkers outside, his music brings them peace as they try to look for the pharmacy keys.  

Y/n: ♪Isn't it nice to find yourself somewhere different, Whoa, why don't you let yourself just be wherever you are♪ Look at this place, look at your faces. I've never seen you look like this before♪

Clementine smiles as she hears Y/n play his guitar and luckily it's not able to be heard outside. But Y/n accounted for that already, knowing that the walkers wouldn't be able to hear him as long as he wasn't screaming. 

Y/n: ♪Look at this place, look at your faces♪ They're shining like a thousand shining stars♪Isn't it nice to find yourself somewhere different, Whoa, why don't you let yourself just be wherever you are♪

Slowly his song comes to a finish as he starts to wrap up his musical number. 

Y/n: ♪Why don't you let yourself just be somewhere different. Whoa, why don't you let yourself just be whoever you are♪

Finally, Y/n stops singing and for the first time in the last few hours there was actually a glimpse of peace. While nobody cheers, they all give Y/n small claps, all except Larry because he's, well, him. Meanwhile, Lee walks over to Doug as he's still looking out of the window at the walkers. A tap to his shoulder gets his attention. 

Lee: How are we doing?

Doug: Good, want to go have a look around outside?

Lee: Let's have a look around.

Doug: Okay.

The two silently exit the shop and kneel down behind the locked gate. As they look out at the torn up street, they see a whole bunch of walkers roaming around. A lot more than there had been before. Looking past the gate that's separating the walkers from them, Lee sees a walker crushed under a broken telephone poll. He recognizes the walker and realizes that he must've had the keys on him. 

Lee: That guy over there has the keys.

Doug: How can you be sure?

Lee: I found this in the office.

Lee shows Doug the photo of his parents and brother, but he'd ripped himself out already so there wasn't anything showing himself to be apart of the family. 

Lee: That boy in the photo worked here. The keys being on him is as good a bet as we can make.

Doug: Yeah, I agree. We just need to figure out how to get out there and get them. You wouldn't need long, right?

Lee: Nah, just a few seconds.

Doug: Maybe there's a way to distract them and buy you some time.

Lee thinks to himself and looks around outside until he spots a TV store with TV's still in the window. He remembers that he had taken his dad's old TV remote and pulls it out of the left pocket while pressing some buttons.