Season 4/Chapter 16: The Dearly Departed

3rd Pov. 

Violet: Mitch, those raiders are getting ready to attack the school. We need their help.

Mitch: Like hell we do. For all we know, they're one of them.

Y/n rolls his eyes and Violet comes to their defense, knowing that they're not the bad guys.

Violet: They're not. If you saw their how they were treated out there, you'd know that.

Mitch: All I know is that since they showed up, it's been trouble.

Clementine looks at Mitch and much like Y/n, she's getting tired of his attitude. 

Clementine: Use your head, Mitch. You saw AJ on your way in. If I was with the raiders, why would they have hurt him like that?

Mitch: How do I know? Maybe he shot one of their friends?

Ruby: Mitch!

Annoyed, Y/n shoves him against the wall and pulls back his fist as the others watch. Unable to do anything to stop Y/n as he lights up his fist, allowing flames to spew off it. Mitch watches him, unable to move from his spot as fear of being charred are in the front of his mind. He wasn't sure if Y/n was going to kill him or not. 

Y/n: I haven't warned you yet like I have Louis, so I'm going to let that comment slide. But let it be clear, you make any more quips about AJ and I'll make sure there's nothing left to bury but ashes. We've come back to help you guys fight these assholes while also helping AJ, but don't get it twisted. You're still on my shit list. 

Letting him go, Y/n walks back over to Clem and Violet. Violet sighs and looks at Mitch. 

Violet: They're going to the greenhouse to find barbed wire and anything else they thinks we need for the fight, and you're going to help them.

Mitch: Uh, no, I'm not

Violet walks up to him and crosses her arms. 

Violet: Yes, you are. It'll be quicker if you show them where the supplies is and we can get things going quicker. Whether you like it or not, it needs to be good. You should know where everything is.

Ruby: I can go too. You know, to keep the peace.

Mitch gets in Violet's face. 

Mitch: Fuck, Vi. Since when are you the one making the calls?

He shoves her back a little much to the displeasure of both Y/n and Clem, but Violet stands her ground against him. She walks back and gets in his face. 

Violet: Since no one else stepped the fuck up. 

She turns to both Y/n and Clem, telling them that Ruby and Mitch will meet them at the front gate. 

Violet: These two will meet you at the gate, and you can head to the greenhouse once I've explained the situation.

Y/n: Fine. 

Clementine: See you there.

Clem and Y/n leave the room, closing the door behind them. Before walking any further, Y/n and Clem look at one another. Neither say anything at first but soon Clem rests her head against his chest. 

Clementine: Think we'll be able to defend this place? 

Y/n: (Shrugs) I don't know but we've got to try.

Clementine: I know. That's the hard part. 

Y/n shakes his head. 

Y/n: No, the hard part will be us watching them die or get captured if things don't work out. That's what I'm afraid of.