Season 4/Chapter 19: True Feelings

3rd Pov. 

The next day after waking up, Y/n and Clementine walk out into the courtyard with AJ. He is pretty tired from last night's "patrol". Which was Y/n expected to happen so he'd learn some small lesson about proper sleep. Around them are a bunch of wooden barrier spikes, walker heads upon some regular wooden spikes, and tables are flipped around. Mitch is over by the tables making an explosive while others are around doing something or another. Even Rosie.

Clementine: You ready to work today, kiddo? I know you were up late.

AJ: (Yawns) Yeah, I went around the school eight times last night on patrol.

Y/n: Find anything? 

AJ shakes his head. 

AJ: No danger, I just found a turtle that I thought we could keep. But it was dead, and had bugs inside, so I thought, never mind. It's my turn to be lookout. 

Tenn waves at AJ, and he walks over to him. Nearby, Y/n and Clem hear Louis arguing with Violet about something. 

Louis: I have other stuff I need to do.

Violet: What stuff?

Louis: Nothing, it's just...it's important.

Violet crosses her arms in frustration. 

Violet: Goddamnit, Louis, take this seriously, for once in your life!

Louis: I've been taking this seriously for fucking days! Almost two weeks!

Violet: So has everyone. Get over yourself!

Louis walks away, ignoring her and the couple walk up to Violet. 

Y/n: Yo, Violet. Good morning. 

Violet: Good morning to you, too. 

Clementine looks at Violet. 

Clementine: Looks like Y/n's mom was telling the truth. They haven't attacked within the last two weeks so there's something. 

Violet: Yeah, I guess so. But everyone's still on edge. I'm glad we got more time to prepare, but now this waiting sucks. 

Y/n: Need our help? 

He tilts his hat up and adjusts it to keep the sun out of his eyes. 

Violet: Yeah, actually. Could you two check on everyone, and make sure they're doing shit right?

Clementine: Yeah, we're on it. 

Violet: Thanks, you two. I should go board up the back hallway, since Louis isn't gonna do it.

Teasing Violet, he grabs one of her hands. 

Y/n: Be careful not to smash one of your precious little fingers. 

She gently pulls her hand away and rolls her eyes, but she still keeps a grin and decides to do it back. 

Violet: And you be careful not to smash that handsome face of yours. It's pretty much your greatest quality other than your shitty jokes. 

Y/n: Will do. 

Violet walks off to do her thing while Y/n and Clem start to walk around. The hold hands as they do, all their fingers interlocked. The duo come across Rosie and Y/n kneels down, patting his leg.

Y/n: Come here, Rosie. 

Rosie walks over to him, standing by his feet while he and Clem pet her. 

Clementine: Good girl. What'd Marlon used to do?