Season 2/Chapter 37: Against The Wall

Y/N Pov. 

A little while later and it's now morning. We've been walking ever since we got out of the parking lot. There have been little to no breaks considering we need to make it to Parker's run before any other unfortunate things happen. But with Rebecca the way she is right now... I'm a little worried she might give birth out here in the dirt. Jane is leading us, Molly, Carley, & Rebecca also with us but the she is lagging behind. 

Y/n: (Sigh) Man, I'm glad we made it out of that hell hole. Any longer and we might've been through some truly terrible shit. 

Clementine looks at me and thankfully none of us are covered in walker guts anymore due to some light rain after we got out of the herd. 

Clementine: Truly terrible? You were literally branded and smacked your head off the ground. 

Y/n: (Shrug) Could've been worse. 

Clementine shakes her head and grabs my hand, laying her head against my shoulder as we walk beside one another. Beside us, Carley looks back at Rebecca as she has been lagging a little...

Carley: Is everything alright?

Rebecca: No. I'm not alright. But I'll be a lot better once we get with the others.

Molly: Well try to keep on your feet. The quicker we make it there, the quicker you can get off of your feet for a while. 

Rebecca: I need to make sure everyone else made it out. Luke, Sarah, Kenny... Goddamnit, what if they aren't there?

I shrug, but I hear Jane speak to her. 

Jane: If they aren't, nothing we can do about it.

Rebecca: Don't even say things like that!

Jane: Fine! Sorry.

Rebecca: Jesus, I don't even know if we're safe. What if the herd is still following us?

I shake my head. 

Y/n: If they are, we're far enough away to where I could actually use my fire without it being a problem. I'll mow them down without so much as a drop of sweat leaving my forehead. 

Carley: You need to rest, Y/n. You've been through a lot so far and I'm surprised you can still stand, let alone use your power. Until you're better you'd better avoid overusing your ability. 

I sigh. 

Y/n: I'll be fine, Carley. I promise. 

I notice Jane look back at me for a moment before looking at the others. 

Jane: The kid will be fine. Besides, the walkers are far behind us. 

Molly: True, at least about the walkers. It has been rather quiet for a while. 

Rebecca: Sure it's been quiet, but who knows. We gotta keep going.

One foot after the other, we all keep moving along the dirt path within the forest. While the spirits of our group is a little tainted at the moment we're still in mostly high spirits. Mostly. 

Clementine: We'll watch out for each other.

Jane: So long as we keep up a good pace.

Rebecca: I know, I know. Just... I'm going as fast as I can. I know I should feel glad that we escaped, but I just can't stop thinking about the others. How could I leave Alvin behind? 

Y/n: We did the best we could with the situation we had. Hell, we tried to get Alvin to move but in his own words... He simply "ran out of road." He wasn't fit to move and even if he could he would have been too slow.