Season 2/Chapter 54: The Last Good Night

3rd Pov. 

With Kenny deciding to take the first watch along with AJ in his hands, the others wanted him to stay or at least Clementine and Y/n did. However he kept it up that both he and AJ would be fine and still went. He goes over near the hole in the fence and sits down beside it, watching through it for any sign of danger as despite how much these people have pissed him off in the last couple of hours he still wants to protect them. Or at least the kids. 

Luke takes a sip of the alcohol and Jane is just standing by the fence, away from the group. Bonnie calls out to her. 

Bonnie: Fire's real nice. Plenty of room if you wanna get warm.

Jane: Maybe in a bit. 

The fire crackles some and the others, besides Kenny and Jane, are just sitting around it. Molly is laid back against a couple of boxes that had been here already while Clementine is sitting beside Y/n, laid up on him. Carley has her hands held out near the fire as she warms herself up. Bonnie's quiet for a moment, but she soon speaks. 

Bonnie: I didn't expect her to come back. Just when I thought I got her figured out, she up and surprises.

Mike: It's a good thing. She saved our ass.

Bonnie: I know, I know, I just... don't know what she's getting outta all this.

Molly looks at Bonnie. 

Molly: Does someone have to get something out of everything? My theory is that she's probably just tired of being on her own for so long. Believe me, I know how it is. And I was just alone for a few months at the start. 

Carley: Yeah. She's just lonely. And I can't blame her, without the kids and Molly I'd be lonely too.

Bonnie glances at Luke. 

Bonnie: Well, that'd explain a few things.

Luke quickly looks away, embarrassed, especially since everyone knew about Jane and his rendezvous. 

Bonnie: Oh, come on. I'm just teasing. 

Luke: It was stupid.

Y/n: Damn right, but I guess we can't blame you. Entirely. Everyone has needs. 

Luke and the others look at Y/n. 

Y/n: What? It's true. It was very dumb, but sort of understandable. 

Bonnie: Well, Y/n's right about that. I understand. She's a pretty girl... once you get past all the dirt and guts. 

Bonnie glances at Jane who has her back turned to the group. Luke does as well, but then turns back to the others. 

Luke: I don't know... I guess I just... wanted to forget about all this shit for, like, ten minutes

Mike and Molly chuckle. 

Mike: Ten minutes? Man, that's longer than I'd last at this point.

Molly: I feel like he's exaggerating. 

Before they can say more, Carley speaks up. 

Carley: Hey! C'mon, guys. 

Y/n and Clem look to one another, but the others keep joking. 

Luke: Alright, alright, it wasn't ten minutes.

Carley: Guys, c'mon, the kids are around. I don't think this is appropriate talk. 

Mike raises up his hands and Molly leans back again, crossing her arms.  

Mike: Sorry. Forget I said anything.