Chapter 52: No Time Left

Y/N Pov. 

We're all watching as Lee looks at the radio, the voice still coming out of it as he holds it in his hand. I've never heard this voice before, but he has Clementine and it doesn't sound like that Old man. 

Lee: You're fucking dead! I don't know who you are, but I will kill you! Do you understand?

Stranger: I know you will. She knows you will. Say goodbye.

Clementine: Goodbye-

The radio cuts off and in a fit of anger, I hit my baseball bat against the nearby wall, putting several cracks into it. Christa calls out to me. 

Christa: Y/n, calm down. 

I turn around and look at her, still holding the bat in my hand as it starts heating up from me touching it. Christa puts her hands to her sides and walks over to me, kneeling down in front of me. 

Christa: I understand you're angry, we all are, but you have to calm down. We will get Clementine back if it's the last thing we do. Trust me. 

Carley: She's right, just take a breath and calm down. 

I look at Christa, then Carley, before taking a breath and nodding. They're right... As mad as I am, I've gotta keep my cool. Until I find the jerk who stole Clementine, I'm going to keep all my anger inside. Save it for him. 

Y/n: Fine. I'm cool. 

Christa stands back up and I hear Lee speak. 

Lee: Just hold on, Clementine. We're coming for you.

I walk over to Lee and Carley who are standing by each other, but Lee's slightly propping himself up against the table. I can see the bite on his wrist, it looks like it's getting worse, but I can't tell if it is or not. Carley's holding onto Lee's hand to comfort him; as for me, I don't even want to think about it right now. 

Kenny: Don't worry, pal. We'll get her back.

Christa looks at the bite on his wrist. 

Christa: How's that feeling?

Lee looks down at it and again, I can't help but want to look away. Carley... she's taking this just as bad as me, if not worse. Even though I'm powerful, I still feel powerless, more than I ever have before.

Lee: Not great. My hand is hot and it's thumping a little bit.

Kenny: You seem okay for now.

Omid: Yeah, totally.

Molly sighs. 

Molly: Yeah, he's fine for now. But that might now last long, so let's get a move on. We've gotta find that little girl and get her back home before that asshole runs off with her. 

Y/n: What if he already has? 

Carley: I doubt that. From the tone in his voice, I can tell he has a smug personality and people like that don't just leave without a trace. He wants to make a point, to make us afraid, but I am not to be fucked with today. So when we find him, and we will, we're going to make him afraid.

I nod, but from behind I hear the sound of faint groaning coming towards us. 

Y/n: Huh?

I turn around with the others and that's when I see all of the walkers coming our way from within the sewers. They are getting closer to the door, nearing the morgue as we watch them come our way.

Y/n: Oh, crap. How'd they get down here?

Christa: We don't have much time.

Molly: No shit.