Chapter 23: One Foot In Front of The Other

Inside the RV after making it away from the Motel, the group is still in a bit of a panic after all that has just happened. Night has fallen and luckily the bandits haven't tried to chase after the group or anything like that. Katjaa sits in the front seat, cradling Duck. Both of them are covered in a lot of walker blood as Clementine holds tightly onto Y/n. 

Kenny: Kat! Jesus, are you okay?

Katjaa: I'm fine, I'm fine!

Kenny keeps his eyes on the road as he drives, not wanting to crash, and toward the back of the RV, Ben has his hands on his head. Panic is in his eyes as he speaks to himself before looking up.

Ben: Oh, shit, oh, shit, oh, shit. 

He looks up. 

Ben: I'm sorry. 

Lilly is standing in front of Ben and Carley is standing near Clementine and Y/n. With his Guitar on the floor and unsure of what to do, Y/n stays quiet for the time being while comforting Clem. Carley looks at Ben. 

Carley: Everything's fine, Ben.

Lilly sharply turns to her, seething with anger. 

Lilly: Everything's not fine. We need to figure out how this happened. We just lost everything.

Kenny: Well, we're lucky as shit to have this RV!

Carley: And nobody died.

Kenny: Kat's head is split open!

Katjaa: I'm fine!

The RV continues to drive on the road while Kenny keeps an eye out for walkers, at the same time he stays in on the conversation. Near the kids, Lee is checking on them as Clem lays her head on Y/n. However, Y/n looks at Lilly to try and calm things down so they don't escalate. 

Y/n: Look, I'm upset this all happened, but we're all still alive. And I guess that's the best we can ask for. Maybe we should just let it go.

Lilly: Y/n, we both know that somebody in here caused this. I can't let it go. 

He doesn't respond for a moment & simply looks to Lee as he isn't sure whether or not it would be the right call to make. Despite being powerful he still needs guidance, therefore he turns to him. Lee notices Y/n and looks at Lilly, but Kenny's the first to call out to her and try to calm her down. 

Kenny: Settle down back there; the bandits have had our number for weeks!

Lilly: This is different. Somebody was working with them. Whoever it was was slipping them our meds. They didn't get their last package, so they attacked.

Kenny: Calm down back there! That's nuts!

Lilly: Lee and Y/n found a bag of supplies hidden outside the wall!

Lee: It's true.

Y/n: Yeah, it was behind a grate. 

Upon hearing this news, everyone was shocked due to the fact they'd never thought something like this would happen. And as everyone was starting to take in the fact that this was the case & someone was a traitor, Lilly turned to Carley. 

Lilly: So, Carley, is there something you wanna say?

Rolling her eyes, Carley looks at Lilly. 

Carley: Please. 

Lilly: We have to get it out of you, then?

Carley: Back off.

At this point the two start to argue more frequently, Lilly accusing Carley while she tries to defend herself.