Chapter 47: Truths & Silent Steps

Y/N Pov. 

After Molly showed back up, and after the thing with the walker, Molly looks at Lee while I stand beside her. I look back down at the walker and I'm not sure if it's dead or not, but it hasn't tried attacking us, so it's probably down for the count. 

Molly: Did you find us a way in?

Lee: Yeah, but the garage door's jammed, can't raise it.

Y/n: I could melt the metal, but Lee's worried about the light attracting walkers. 

Molly: Ah, well, not a problem. Look what I found

Molly reaches into her backpack and I see her pull out some red metal thing with a crank thing on the side. 

Lee: Oh, yeah. That'll work.

Lee takes it, but I'm still confused and look at Molly. 

Y/n: What's that? 

Molly: It's a car-jack, it lifts cars up. So it stands to reason that it can lift up this door...

All of sudden, we hear the sound of the gate moving down the alley and we all look down it to find a bunch of walkers pushing against it. 

Y/n: Uh oh. Looks like they noticed us. 

Lee: Shit. 

I look at Lee. 

Y/n: Lee, you get the door open while we keep the smelly patrol back. 

Lee nods, and he places the carjack under the garage door. As he starts to crank open the garage door, Molly and I hold back the dead. A few start coming toward us, one large one and two small ones. 

Y/n: I got the big guy. 

Molly: Have at it. 

She nods to me and runs up the side of the wall, jumping off of it and kicking the first small one into the second before driving her pickaxe through the two of them at the same time. The bigger one keeps it's attention focused on me & almost looks like it's speeding up while walking toward me. 

Y/n: Alright ugly, show me what you got! 

It raises it hand at me and swipes, but being as big as it is it falls over due to being unbalanced. And before it can raise up, I step on it's back and grab the back of it's head with my right hand. 

Y/n: Sun Flare. 

While holding onto the back of it's head, I send a stream of fire from the palm of my head that completely blasts a hole through it's head. After pulling my head away, I look back and see the door open just enough for us all to slide through. 

Lee: Come on!

As more walkers come our way, Molly, Lee, and I crawl under the garage door and get inside. Narrowly avoiding the walkers. Which is good so I don't waste all my stamina and get tired. Now that we're all inside, Molly looks at Lee. 

Molly: Take a look around. We'll make sure no stragglers get under this door.

Lee nods and starts to look around. As he does, Molly and I stand by the door making sure that no walkers get in. In the meantime, we also talk to each other. I've started noticing her opening up some more, at least to me. 

Y/n: Hey, Molly? 

Molly: Yeah? 

Y/n: Who was that walker outside? 

Molly looks at me, but doesn't answer my question at first. 

Molly: The walker was just some asshole that snuck up on me. Got startled and decided to teach it a lesson.