Season 4/Chapter 5: Kings, Queens, and Apologies

Y/N Pov. 

On our journey to make sure AJ can put to rest his fear of being disliked by the other kids, and not be kicked out by them as well, we start off by going to Ruby. She's standing by the fire. AJ's still nervous, but it's better to be over with this shit now then let it flare up later on. He's a good kid, just anxious. 

Y/n: Alright, there's Ruby. She's the one you mistakenly bit. 

Clementine: Want to talk to her?

AJ: You mean, say I'm sorry?

We nod. 

AJ: She's scary. And always seems so mad.

I shrug and lay it out simply. 

Y/n: You can do it. You just gotta tell her why you did it. Easy. 

AJ: Because of my...thing?

Clementine: Yup, it's nothing to be ashamed of. Just be honest.

AJ walks up to Ruby while we're a couple feet away and she looks at him. Still a little upset. 

Ruby: Yes? 

AJ looks down. 

AJ: I'm sorry I bit you. Sometimes when I get scared, I do that, but I don't mean to. I-I just get scared, and I'm sorry, and I hope your finger is okay.

Ruby: Aw, sug, it's alright. We can all get a little crazy when we get scared. Thank you for your honesty and your apology.

AJ runs back over to us and looks happy. 

AJ: I did it. 

Clementine: You sure did. 

Y/n: Good job, kiddo. 

Up next was Mitch and Willie. We'd not done anything to them yet, but I think it's good we introduce ourselves and whatnot. That way everything is chill by the end of the day and it doesn't lead to confusion like "Who are these guys," or something. I like to plan ahead for possible situations like this. I look at Clem as we walk over to them and she seems happy. 

Y/n: (Whisper) How we holding up? 

Clementine: (Whisper) Honestly? I'll be a lot better after we know whether or not we're staying here for good. 

I wrap my around her and give her a kiss on the cheek. 

Y/n: Well, whatever happens we'll be alright. 

Walking over by the two guys we've probably talked to the least, Mitch and Willie. Mitch is messing with a knife, carving something, while Willie is just talking to him. Willie is strange.

Y/n: Hey. 

They look over at us. 

Mitch: Hey. You're new. 

Clementine: We are. 

Mitch: I'm carving a weapon.

Y/n: We can see that. 

Mitch continues to carve out what is probably supposed to be a knife. AJ walks over by him and smiles. 

AJ: You're good at that.

Mitch: You like that, huh, little dude? Wanna see something cool?

AJ: I wanna see!

Mitch flips the knife in his hand. 

Mitch: Pretty rad, huh? That's how you fuck up some monsters.

AJ, not remembering the train station, goes ahead and curses. Much like I would and much to the displeasure of Clementine.