Season 2/Chapter 36: Amid The Ruins

Y/N Pov. 

Clementine and I stare at Sarita as she freaks out. I killed the walker but that's only a temporary solution. Sarita is bit and we don't have the ability to take her hand off at the moment. Which is not a great spot to be in. 

Sarita: I'm bit! Oh, God! Clem, it bit me. I'm dead. I'm dead!

Y/n: (Whisper) Sarita! Calm down. If you don't the walkers will hear you. 

Sarita: It doesn't matter. I'm bit. Oh, God!

Kenny: Oh, God! Sarita!

Another walker notices her and tries to reach out, but I take my bat and slam it down on the walker's head. The walker quickly drops & Kenny comes running over with Mike as he looks toward Sarita with despair all but plastered on his face. 

Mike: Oh, shit. She's-

Kenny: She's gonna be okay! You're gonna be okay. Come on! We have to move! We have to!

Clementine: Wait, I-

Before either of us can say anything, Kenny starts to run with the other two so we follow after them. Mike, Kenny, Clem, Sarita and I run through the herd. But suddenly I hear Clem call out toward me. 

Clementine: Y/n!

I look back and find that Clem has been separated from us. 

Y/n: Shit, look out!

I point behind her and she chops off a walker's arm and dodges as it moves toward her. I run back through the herd, keeping low as I make my way to Clem. I hear Luke call out while I try making my closer to Clem. 

Luke: I'm going after Sarah!

It doesn't concern me as I'm still trying to get back over to Clem. I feel a hand grab me and I look to my left to see that it's Clem. I breathe a sigh of relief for just a moment before grabbing Clem & hugging her. 

Y/n: Are you okay? 

Clementine: (Nods) I'm fine. We've got to find the others. 

Y/n: Easier said than done. These walkers are a great distraction, but they're also a pain to move through. 

Clementine goes to speak, but stops as her eyes widen. She grabs me and pulls me forward just as I hear what sounds like a walker hitting the ground. I turn around and see one stumbling just trying to get up.

Clementine: C'mon. 

Y/n: Nice save. 

She and I head through the walkers while keeping a low profile. Every now and again walkers would notice us, but we quickly took care of them. Clem axes one through the face and I try to shoot quick blasts at whichever got too close. The closer we get to the tree line, the denser the herd gets. 

Y/n: Is it just me, or is there no end to these things? 

Clementine: It's definitely not just you...

We stop for a moment and Clementine quietly calls out to the others, but we don't get a response. However just as we go to move again I see a hand grab Clem while I feel one is touching me. Clem starts to struggle & I was about to heat up until I hear Rebecca's voice.

Rebecca: Stop.

I look back and of course, it's only her. 

Y/n: Geez, you gave us a heart attack. 

Rebecca lets go of us and we duck back with her behind some rock. The herd is moving around us, not noticing that we're here due to the guts that are smeared all over us. Rebecca sighs and it's easy to see that she's relieved.