Season 2/Chapter 16: Dinner Table Arguments

Y/N Pov. 

After hearing Sarita talk about Matthew and Walter doing the same, I start to get a little concerned. Not to mention, the same cans at the station were the same ones they were using...here. While I'm not sure if the man at the station was him, I'm starting to think it's not coincidental that he isn't back yet. 

Y/n: (Whisper) Clem, are you thinking what I'm thinking? 

Clementine: (Whisper) About Matthew?

I nod and it takes a moment, but she nods back. 

Y/n: Shit...

I look at Sarita and while trying to be nonchalant about it, I ask about Matthew. 

Y/n: What does Matthew look like?

Sarita: (Smiles) Oh, he's a handsome man. A little shorter than Walter. He should be back soon. 

Y/n: (Mind) Oh, great. That totally answers a lot. 

I look at Clementine and she shrugs. Before I can ask anything else, Sarita asks us another question pertaining to Kenny. 

Sarita: Clem, Y/n, I wanted to ask you... Does Kenny seem different to you? I didn't know him before, and, well, I'm curious. He has good days and bad days like everyone else. But lately I get the feeling he's...struggling. 

Y/n: To be honest, I'm not sure. Kenny was never really the type to talk about his emotions, but from what it seems he's still the same old Kenny. Then again, he does seem to be happier than when I'd last seen him. Which was, like, two years ago. 

Sarita: Oh. Clem? 

Clementine thinks for a moment. 

Clementine: He does seem different than I remember.

Sarita: In what way?

Clementine: I'm not sure.

I sigh and walk behind Clementine, putting my arms over her shoulders and laying my head on top of hers. Even though I can't see her eyes, I can still tell she's looking up at me from her spot. She grabs my hands and holds onto them as Kenny walks over to us with what looks like a little pep in his step. 

Kenny: Well, you four have been busy.

His presence surprises Sarita and she turns around to look at him. 

Sarita: Kenny! Isn't it great?

Sarita picks up a cardboard box, but Kenny walks forward to take it from her. Not in a mean way, but more in a gentlemanly fashion. 

Kenny: I got it, hon. 

Sarita: I think I can manage, Ken-

Kenny slightly raises his voice. 

Kenny: I said I got it!

He takes the box and I watch him walk away with a little bit of surprise on my face. I even felt Clem jump a little from the sudden noise. Sarita looks back at us with a grin as she shakes her head. 

Sarita: Always has to play the gentleman. But I'll tell you, when I met him, he couldn't lift a fly.

Y/n: Does he...always raise his voice at you. 

Sarita: Oh, gosh, no. Believe me, he's as sweet as candy. 

I sigh. 

Y/n: (Mind) For a second there I was starting to worry that Kenny might have...changed within the last two years. 

Sarita: Though he does have his moments where he needs some time alone. However those are and few between. He may raise his voice sometimes, but he'd never raise his hand to me. Never has.