Season 2/Chapter 38: We All Have Dead People

Y/N Pov. 

Clementine and I walk over to Kenny as he holds Sarita close to him. I can tell by the color of her skin and the yellow in her eyes that she's on her way out. Her skin is a ghostly white and she isn't even capable of moving, let alone walking. She doesn't have long. I give her less than an hour or so. 

Kenny: It's alright, Sarita. It's gonna be okay. I'm gonna be here with you. Right 'til the end.

Clementine: Hey, Kenny. 

Kenny looks up at us. 

Kenny: You think I don't know what y'all are whispering about over there?

Y/n: No, you probably have a good idea. There's no point in talking about it. 

The rest of the group walks past us and I notice Rebecca leans on Carley for support while holding her stomach. Molly is standing nearby but I can tell her head is mind else currently. I...take a moment and turn back to Kenny, but by the tone in his voice I can tell he's pissed. 

Kenny: I said we just wanted a little fucking time alone to say goodbye.

Sarita groans. 

Kenny: Shhh, shhh, shhh... It's okay, babe. It's okay. We're gonna get through this. We're gonna do what we gotta do. Gotta play the shit hand that this shit world dealt us...

I sigh and take my hat off, placing it on my chest. 

Y/n: Kenny, we're sorry about what happened to Sarita, we truly are, but we need you. We need to make a plan so we can-

Before I can finish, Kenny snaps at me. 

Kenny: Grow the fuck up and look around you, Y/n! Take a look at how our last plan worked out! There ain't some boat, or some train, or some other bullshit outta this one! Don't you think you two already done enough for today?

I start to get a little annoyed and I want to say something back but Clementine stops me. She slightly squeezes my hand and looks at me, shaking her head. I sigh and I don't say anything, letting his comment slide. I know he's angry, but that doesn't give him the right to be an asshole.

Clementine: Jane said that if you need help, she can make it...

Kenny: Jane? The fuck does Jane know?! I don't care what your new little friend is saying! I can do this myself.

Y/n: You know what? Fuck you, Kenny! 

Everyone, including Clem, looks at me as I walk forward to Kenny. 

Y/n: Everything that happened isn't on us! You were asshole who suggested the walkers, and while we went along with it you have to accept some responsibility for Sarita! 

Kenny tries to say something, but I cut him off. 

Y/n: I got branded because of this plan and took a nosedive onto concrete! I took not just one, but two for the team and you still have the gall to blame me?! 

Clementine: Y/n, calm down... 

Y/n: No!

I let go of Clementine's hand and march in front of Kenny, grabbing his shirt while I can feel Clementine trying to pull me back. Kenny is still holding onto Sarita, but he's glaring at me. 

Y/n: Me and Clementine have been busting our asses for your plan and this group ever since I can remember. We've been doing the heavy lifting because apparently majority of you adults are so fucking incompetent you need kids to do everything. Well you know what? You can go get fucked for all I care. 

I lean in closer. 

Y/n: I was there for my girl, where were you for Sarita? You can't make the excuse that you go separated, because when that happened to me and Clem I went back for her. I had her back. With the way your acting, you're going to get us all killed, but news flash Kenny. Everybody's got dead people... That's no excuse to get us all killed along the way.