Season 4/Chapter 3: Awaken

3rd Pov. 

Clementine wakes up in a bunk bed with her wrist attached to the bedpost and her head bandaged. She looks around for a moment as both of her eyes adjust to the light and the location she's in. As Clem realizes she's somewhere else, she also realizes that she's alone.

Clementine: AJ! Y/n!

Quickly, Clem removes the duct tape from her wrist and gets up. Ruby had duct taped her wrist just in case. It became common practice around there after events years prior. Better to be safe than sorry. Looking around the room, she notices that it's a school/bedroom. A dormitory type thing. 

Clementine: What is this place?

Looking around the room, Clem starts to investigate the area just in case she misses anything. She finds the boxed up first aid kit, cotton swabs, hydrogen peroxide, and bandages on top of the dresser. Opening the dresser while trying to find something she could use as a weapon, she comes across an old scrapbook. It has photos of children next to the words "memories", "siblings: always there for each other", "family", and "B.F.F.s". She closes the book and puts it back in the drawer. By the drawer, there are bars on the windows which immediately screams "red flag" to her. 

Clementine: Where the hell am I?

Knowing she needs to find her boys, Clem goes to the closet next to see if there are any weapons inside. Even something as small as a screwdriver or sharp nail file. Clementine opens the closet and examines the box inside on the top shelf. She tries to reach it, but can't as she is super short. It's something Y/n would tease her about constantly as he'd grown to be about 6'2. As much as it annoyed her, Clem couldn't help but wish her tall boyfriend was there to help her out. One thing was for sure, if she told him about this she'd never live it down.

Clementine: (Sigh) I'm not telling him about this. 

Clem pushes the chair that's by the desk close to the closet over to it, stands on it, takes the box, and places it on the desk. She opens the box and takes out a pallet knife that was sharp. It's not a large knife or gun, but it'll do the job for the time being until she can find something a bit more her speed.

Clementine: This'll do.

Her next stop is the door which she unlocks by using the palette knife. After it opens, Clementine steps outside into the hall where she sees it's lit by light coming through the windows. There's a display case with "FUCK YOU" written on the glass by, more than likely, a sharp tool. She checks the other doors by hers but each of them have been locked by the inside or outside. So the only thing left to do is leave. As Clem is about to turn the corner, someone enters the hallway. A little boy around twelve. 

Clementine: (Mind) Shit.

Clem dashes behind the display case to hide. The young boy approaches the room; he realizes the door is open and draws a knife. Seeing that he's young and more than likely no threat to her, she steps out from behind the case with her hands up by her chest. Clementine speaks to get his attention. 

Clementine: I'm right here.

The boy puts his hands up in fear, not knowing if she'll attack. 

Clementine: Put down the knife.

From the end of the hallway, a voice unfamiliar to her can be heard by Clem. 

Marlon: How about you do the same?

Clem swiftly turns her head in his direction to find him drawing a bow at her. 

Marlon: We're not gonna hurt you. We've got your boy and the guy in the orange hat. They're safe. Believe me, he made sure of it. I'll take you to see them. Just put down the knife.