Season 2/Chapter 31: Cold Blooded

3rd Pov. 

In the morning after the group wakes up, they all gather around the radio which the kids had acquired last night. Y/n places a radio one of the radios on the table and Kenny looks at them.

Kenny: Alright, we're all here.

Carley: Yeah. 

Rebecca: Someone's gotta get one of the radios out to Luke. What's the problem?

Kenny: We should probably figure out who's doing what before we-

Before he can finish, Kenny is stopped as he hears Tavia enter the room. Kenny quickly grabs the one that was placed out and hides it behind his back. Molly shakes her head in annoyance as she can't believe that was the only thing he could think of at the time. Meanwhile Y/n looks at Clem's face and can see that she's worried, so he slightly nudges her with his arm. 

Y/n: (Whisper) It'll be okay. 

Clementine: (Nods) Okay. 

Tavia looks at the group as they all stand by one another with the radio still hidden. 

Tavia: Time to get up. Daylight's burning. They let you sleep in, all things considered.

Sarah: Where's my dad?

Tavia: He's where the rest of you are going. To work. Rebecca, Nick, Sarah, Molly, Carley, Jane... If you gotta take a piss, do it now. The next break won't be for a while. Troy'll be coming up for the rest of you.

Kenny: Why just them?

Tavia: Like I said, Troy's coming for the rest of you.

Tavia, Rebecca, Sarah, Jane, Carley, Molly, and Nick leave. One of the guards closes the door. Seeing the opportunity, Kenny goes back to the plan. 

Kenny: Alright, look. If we're gonna do something, we have to do it now, and if Luke's all we got, then we pair up with him.

Y/n: I mean I assumed so. That was the original plan. 

Mike: I can do it. Where's the meeting?

Kenny glances at Mike. 

Kenny: Mike. 

Mike: Yeah? 

Kenny: The kids should do it.

Clementine and Y/n look at Kenny, not really surprised as it's not the first time they've had to do stuff like this. However this causes Mike to start arguing with Kenny over the situation, feeling a little offended over it. 

Mike: Are you fucking kidding? No offense, but, c'mon, that's crazy, they're kids, why would-

Kenny: There's a million reasons. They know Luke, they can hide, they got the damn radios for us in the first place...

Mike: Who cares?!

Kenny: And I'm sorry, Mike, but I don't know you from fucking Adam, alright? And if I'm trusting someone to do something this important, I'm trusting them.

Clementine glances at Y/n and sighs. 

Clementine: Not the first time...

Y/n: And definitely not the last. 

Mike stares at Kenny. 

Mike: You don't trust me to get a radio to someone?

To avoid anymore infighting, Clementine looks at them. 

Clementine: Kenny's right, we should do it.

Reluctantly, Y/n agrees. As much as he'd like to not have to carry the group for once, he knows it's not a luxury he has. Even with Clementine by his side doing the same thing. 

Y/n: Yeah, we got this. It's no different from us stealing them in the first place. Though one of you need to hold onto one. There's no point in bringing both. 

Mike: Don't do something stupid just to get some respect.

Kenny glares at Mike. 

Kenny: They don't need your respect.

Mike, still not letting up, insists upon taking the radio. 

Mike: Give me the radio. 

Before anything else can be done, Troy enters the room. 

Troy: Alright, little chickens, let's get to pecking. 

Mike: (Sighs) Alright. 

Troy looks at Y/n and Clementine. 

Troy: And don't think today's gonna be like yesterday. No way. No shenanigans. This rooster's gonna be surveilling your ass every second of the day, you hear? Got that? I'm afraid I need an answer.

Knowing that Troy can't touch them, Clementine rolls her eyes while Y/n speaks. 

Y/n: Whatever. 

Troy: Come on. Let's go. 

The group leaves the yard with Y/n and Clementine walking among them. They walk through the aisles, looking at the shelves stocked with foods. There are a few people working near them, but none of them that they all know. Though, before the group can get too far, Bonnie approaches it and looks at Troy. 

Bonnie: The kids are with me. 

Troy: Oh, shit, I almost forgot.

Bonnie: Yeah. 

Troy pushes them with his gun, making them take a few steps forward. 

Troy: Well, take them then, I don't care.

Kenny: Wait, wait. What's going on?

Troy: Never mind.

Bonnie: Just chores of a different sort. Come on, city mice. 

Y/n: City mice? 

Kenny: Can't you cut them a break? They'd really rather keep with us...people they know. 

Bonnie: It's nothing that'll hurt them.

Wanting to avoid any situation that could arise, they look at Kenny and tell him it's okay. 

Y/n: It's okay, Kenny. We'll be fine. 

Clementine: Yeah. 

Bonnie: C'mon. 

Troy walks off with the others as Bonnie takes the kids with her. Little did the the three know that Madison had been watching from some distance away. She doesn't do much except for staring at them while performing her tasks until they're no longer in her sight. Back with Clem, Y/n, and Bonnie, they're back to talking. 

Bonnie: I just wanted to make sure you two were alright. I didn't believe you two... when you told me about Reggie. I ran and found Bill once I left you. Figured even if he had done it, he'd make up some sort of excuse, but...

There's a pause for just a moment. 

Bonnie: Bill was just so matter-of-fact about it... like he'd pulled up a weed or something. Like it had to be done, and that was just one of those moments when your blood runs cold. Goose pimples up and down your arm. 'Cause it turns out the person you thought you knew was never there. 

As Bonnie reaches the end of her speech, she notices that the kids are... off. 

Bonnie: You look anxious, kids. Something the matter?

Bonnie motions for them to enter the the armory and they walk inside.