Season 2/Chapter 14: Old Friends

Y/N Pov. 

Clementine and I run over to Kenny and give him a hug as he does the same back. We hold the hug for a few seconds before letting go; he looks at the same amount of surprised as we are at the realization that he's alive. The man in the back who's wearing a sweater and seems like nice guy speaks up. 

Guy: I'll take that as a yes.

Kenny looks at the others behind us before kneeling down in front of us. 

Kenny: These people with you?

Y/n: (Nods) Yeah, they're alright. 

Kenny stands back up. 

Kenny: We can talk inside.

Guy: Great. I just started dinner.

Carlos: Are you sure you don't mind?

Guy: It's gonna storm soon. Please, come in.

The group starts to walk to the front of the lodge. Ahead of the others, the guy, Clem, Kenny, and I enter first and inside is simply breathtaking. Clementine and I look around at the lights that are covering parts of the lodge; there's even a Christmas Tree up. Clem looks at me & nods to it, but I had already seen it. 

Y/n: (Grins) I know, I know. This place reminds me of...

Clementine: Before. 

Y/n: Yeah, before. 

I keep looking around and notice some flags from different countries are hanging up all over and there's a music player nearby. While I'm not sure if it's still functional I'd be happy it if was. There hasn't exactly been a lot of time to for me to find them out there, unfortunately. Clementine and I follow Kenny and his friend as they tell us about the lodge. 

Guy: Kenny and Sarita have been staying with us for several weeks. 

He walks ahead of us as Kenny stays beside us. 

Guy: Used to be a ski lodge, obviously, so we have plenty of food. And believe it or not, we still get some power from that wind turbine out front. We tend to keep most of the lights off at night to avoid drawing attention. But after we found this stuff in storage, we couldn't resist making an exception.

Kenny mimes to us that his friend is talking too much, and we quietly laugh as he looks back with a little confusion.

Guy: What's so funny?

Kenny: Oh, nothing, Walt. Walter here is one smart son of a bitch. 

Kenny walks up to Walter and pats his back. 

Kenny: Makes a mean can of beans too.

Y/n: Sounds great. 

Walter: Well, why don't you three catch up while I get some dinner started?

I look at Clem. 

Y/n: Sound like a plan?

Clementine: Yes. 

As we go to walk away with Kenny, we hear the door open as Nick, Luke, Rebecca, and Alvin enter the lodge. I notice them looking around with a mixture of amazement and shock as it probably has been awhile since they've been in some place like this. A place that actually is more like the old world before it got so fucked up. While they look around at the place I look at Clementine.

Y/n: What do you think? 

Clementine: I think this is crazy. I thought you said he was dead.

Y/n: Well after went into that hole, I thought he was. As you know, we never saw him again after that.