Season 2/Chapter 29: Still Standing

3rd Pov. 

Clementine and Y/n are walking past the comic book store on their way back to the clothing store. As they walk past the door, Clem is pulled into the store as Y/n chases after and as he's able to get inside, he surrounds his fist with fire preparing to torch whatever had grabbed her. 

Y/n: Alright, who's trying to die today? 

However, before he can do anything he's stopped by Clem as she walks up to him. 

Clementine: Wait! 

Y/n: Clem? What happened? 

She nods behind her and that's when Y/n finally sees Luke crouched behind them. He looks a little worse for wear. His eyes are sunken in a little and he looks like he hasn't slept for days, but still the two are glad to see him. 

Y/n: Holy shit. Hey, Luke. Glad to see you're still alive. 

Clementine: We were all worried. 

Luke: Aw, it's good to see you too, guys.

Luke looks around for a moment to make sure the coast is clear before turning back to the kids with a serious look on his face. 

Luke: Alright, listen, we ain't got much time, okay? I followed y'all here best I could. Haven't had a night's rest since y'all got nabbed and well, this is the first chance I got to talk to somebody. They're everywhere, okay? They got guards. Watching everything. 

Suddenly Luke stops. 

Luke: Shh.

Footsteps are heard outside the store.

Luke: There's a herd'a lurkers just south of us. It's bigger than I ever seen around these parts.

Y/n: And? Carver mentioned it already. 

Clementine: Said he hopes it passes us.

Luke: Yeah, I heard folks talking about that, but that ain't so, okay? It's gonna hit this place, I know it is. I don't know when, but it's coming and it's gonna be soon. See, I've been looking for places to...to get y'all free... but haven't been able to find anything yet. They plugged up all the holes we used when we got out.

Y/n looks around at the store they're inside and notices how this place is probably where Luke has been ever since he made it back. The place seems empty majority of the time, so it would sense for it to be used as a little resting area. However Luke's condition is still one that concerns the two as he occasionally looks out into nothing. 

Y/n: Luke, are you alright? You seem a little out of it. 

Luke snaps out of whatever it was he was doing and turns to Y/n. 

Luke: Yeah, yeah, I'm alright... I just could use some sleep, you know? Hard to rest when you think a lurker's about to get the jump on you at any moment, but, yeah. Yeah. I'm fine, okay? Don't worry about me.

Clementine: It seems dangerous.

Luke: Well, the whole situation's dangerous, but, well, we're in it now. It's what we got. We just... we just need a plan, y'know, a way to get you and... and everyone...

More footsteps are heard outside the door this time and they pause for a moment until the leave. Noticing the urgency, Clementine rushes Luke to get the point. They didn't have long. 

Clementine: Luke. 

Luke: Oh, sorry, sorry. Shit, okay. Troy ain't gonna like you being late. Listen, guys, I need you to meet me here tomorrow, about this time, 'cause I-I need you two to get me one of those radios, okay? Do you think you can do that?