Chapter 48: Small Talks & Big Steps

As Lee stands below the hole in the ceiling, he began wondering about Y/n and Molly. The main thing being if she'd keep him safe while they were out doing whatever it is Molly asked Y/n for a bit of help with. And if she came back without Y/n...he'd probably end up killing her for putting him in danger. 

Lee: Damn it. 

He shakes his head, meanwhile, Y/n and Molly are on the roof as she looks around a part of the building. Y/n walks up to her and Molly pats his shoulder. 

Y/n: So what's the deal? Why'd you need my help again? 

Molly: I need help...retrieving something. Something important. 

Y/n: What is it? 

Molly looks at him. 

Molly: It's a picture of my sister.

Y/n looks at Molly, a little unsure, but Molly kneels down in front of him with both of her hands on his shoulders. 

Molly: I know how it sounds, but I do need your help. Normally I wouldn't go after something like this, but it's the last thing I have of her. 

Y/n: (Sighs) Well, okay. I guess if it's that important I can help you out. As long as I get back to Clementine. 

Molly smiles and stands back up. 

Molly: Don't worry, I'll get you back to your little girlfriend in no time. 

He blushes a little bit and crosses his arms. 

Y/n: She's not my girlfriend.

Molly: Well come on, let's go. 

Leading the way, Molly starts to run along the side of the school roof as she looks around for another old building nearby. Y/n follows from behind her and while they run, he looks off the side of the roof. Even though it's night, he can still see a lot from the top of the school building.

Y/n: (Mind) Whoa. I guess a messed up town can look good under the stars. 

Molly turns left and drops down onto a small section of the roof, but Y/n stops at the edge. Molly looks up at him and yells to him. 

Molly: When you jump off, I want you to duck and roll. Okay? 

Y/n: (Nods) Sure...

Not giving it a second thought, Y/n takes a few steps back before running and jumping off of the taller part of the school roof. As he's about to land, he takes in what Molly says and Ducks before rolling while holding onto his hat. It was a bit of a rough landing, but he still manages to land the move he was trying to. 

Molly: Good job, kid. 

Molly walks over to Y/n as he stands up and stretches a little, moving his arm around. She pats his back while he adjusts his hat to the right spot on his head. 

Y/n: Yeah, well, I guess watching you makes it a lot easier. Though I think my landing was a little rough. 

 Molly: It takes a little getting used to, but you'll get better with practice. Now come on. 

The two start to run again as Molly uses a mental map of the area from her time here to guide her. They jump over objects, and Y/n trips over a few, but still manages to get across. Even if it isn't as smooth as when Molly does it, she doesn't mind staying back a bit to help Y/n get over some obstacles. 

Molly: That's it, you're getting better like I said. 

Y/n: Still rough around the edges. 

Molly: Yeah, but it's temporary Y/n. 

Molly jumps over the next thing, and this time Y/n clears it without hitting his foot on it. Molly doesn't say anything, but she's quick to notice how quickly Y/n is improving. It's been a long time since she's had fun running like this, and even she's starting to notice how quickly Y/n is growing on her. Though a thought still lingers in the back of her mind. 

Molly: (Mind) Should I tell him about what I did? Would he still look at me the same? 

She sighs. 

Molly: (Mind) I'll have to wait and see. 

While the two keep on their quest to find Molly's personal item, inside the building, Clementine is sitting at the desk inside the room where Ben and Carley are. Carley walks up to Clem as Ben's having trouble with the door. She notices Clementine is looking down at the desk while her head is on her arm.

Carley: Hey, Clem. What's up? 

Clementine looks up at her and sighs. 

Clementine: I'm worried about Y/n. 

Carley looks at her and nods, pulling up a chair from nearby and sitting by Clem. She pats Clementine's back. 

Carley: Yeah, I am too. I'm also worried about Lee. 

Clementine: I'm not. Lee's smart and he knows how to get out of trouble if he's in it. 

Carley: And Y/n? 

Clementine: I love him. He's my best friend, but...he's not exactly great at making good decisions and he always does dangerous things just because they're fun. 

She lays her head down on the desk and sighs. 

Clementine: He worries me all the time, but then he smiles at me and all of my worries go away. When we're together I feel like we're unstoppable and not just because of his power. It's weird...

Carley smiles at Clementine, understanding how she feels even if Clementine doesn't understand herself. 

Carley: I know exactly how you feel, Clem. 

Clementine looks at Carley. 

Clementine: Really? 

Carley: Of course. Everytime Lee goes out to help someone or do something, I get worried that one day...he might not come back. But then I remember something. 

Clementine: What? 

Carley smiles and gives Clementine a one armed hug. 

Carley: No matter what happens, our boys will always come back to us because they know if they don't...we'll be pretty upset. And they wouldn't want that now would they? 

Clementine: (Giggles) Nope. 

Carley: So we'll just have to give them some time and I just know they'll be back. We have no reason to worry about either. Lee's a very capable person, and so is Y/n, even if he is a bit of danger magnet. 

Clementine thinks about it for a minute and nods to Carley. 

Clementine: Yeah, you're right. They'll come back to us no matter what. I just know it. 

Carley: That's right.