Season 2/Chapter 6: Sparks Fly

Y/N Pov. 

After making it out of the cabin and back to the shed, I take out the supplies we found. The needle, the peroxide, the fishing line, and the bandages. While we couldn't find any actual threading, fishing line will be good enough. I look over at Clem as she puts the juice box that Alvin gave us down. 

Y/n: You ready? 

Clementine: As ready as I'll ever be I guess. 

She puts her arm up on the table and rolls up her sleeve. I can see how deep the wound is and it's almost nauseating, but I keep my cool. Clementine's going through a lot worse right now & I've got to be there for her. I move my guitar off of the table and I notice Clementine starting at that needle. 

Clementine: This is gonna suck, isn't it? 

Y/n: Truth? 

Clementine nods. 

Y/n: This is going to hurt like Hell. So if I were you, I'd take a sip of that juice while you can. 

Clementine: Good idea. 

She takes a drink of her juice as I unscrew the lid off the peroxide. Clementine turns back to me and hold out the peroxide while she prepares for the sting. I hold up three fingers & count down slowly while letting her hold onto my free hand with her good one. 

Y/n: Three...two...one.

I pour it in her wound and just as soon as I do, she screams and squeezes my hand hard. 

Y/n: It's okay, Clem. It's okay. Just breathe. 

She nods while squeezing my hand like she's holding on for dear life. And I look at her. 

Clementine: Okay... okay, I'm good. I'm fine. Now the fun part.

I nod and take my hand out of her grip as I grab the needle, heat treating it a little, before grabbing some fishing line which we'll have to use as thread. I take the thread and slide it through the needle, tying it off, and making sure it'll work. 

Y/n: Now, I'm going to do it how Christa taught us. But it's going to suck. Are you ready? 

Clementine: Yeah, yeah...

She pants a little bit, but I notice a little grin on her face, almost like she's trying not to think about the pain. 

Clementine: But, y'know, I-I think I could use a little encouragement. 

Confused, I look at her for a second until I see her point at her cheek like how I would do. And I get what she means almost instantly. I lean in and kiss her cheek; she turns her head to face me and we put our foreheads together. 

Y/n: You're strong, Clem. Just gotta get through this last part and we're home free. Are you ready? 

It takes a moment, but soon Clementine nods as she pants a little. 

Clementine: Y-Yeah, I'm good now. Let's do this. 

I slowly take her arm and begin the first suture, but as I do she slams her other fist on the table while biting her lip. I continue suturing as she screams in pain. In and out, I drag the needle as cleanly through as I can. 

Y/n: Almost done, Clem. You've got this. 

As I pull through for the last time, I cut off the needle and she breathes a sigh of relief while I start wrapping up her arm with the bandage. Just as soon as I finish, I accidentally knock the leftover bandages onto the ground near the hole in the shed. 

Y/n: Fuck. 

I walk over to pick them up as Clementine stands near the table with the hammer, just as I go to pick them up, a walker suddenly reaches through the shed out of nowhere and grabs me by the leg. 

The Walking Dead: Emperor of Flamesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें