Season 4/Chapter 15: Stressful Leadership

3rd Pov. 

Louis looks at AJ who's in Y/n's arms and sees the state that he's in. 

Louis: Shit, is he...? 

Y/n: He's still alive. But he's been shot and has a fever. 

Louis: C'mon, let's get him inside. 

Louis opens the gate and the two walk in as Y/n keeps AJ's head up. Every step feels like ten due to the exhaustion Y/n's feeling at the moment, but he keeps on going forward. He hasn't stopped moving since they woke up and soon they enter the Admin building where Ruby sees them from the bottom of the stairs. 

Ruby: Let me see. I have what I need upstairs. Come on.

Clementine: Y/n got the shrapnel out of him while James and I held him down. 

Ruby: James? 

Y/n: Long story. 

The group goes upstairs. Y/n sets AJ down on a couch. Ruby puts her hand on his forehead.

Ruby: He's running a fever. Body's trying to fight infection, poor little guy.

Violet soon comes to the group to find Y/n and Clem, needing them both. 

Violet: Ruby and Louis will take care of him. You two come with me. We can talk in the office.

Before they can leave, AJ calls for them. 

AJ: Clem? Y/n? 

Ruby: Shhh, you just try to rest, okay? We're gonna fix you right up.

AJ: Clem? Y/n? 

Clementine kneels down by AJ. 

Clementine: AJ, listen to Ruby, okay? She'll look after you.

Y/n: Come on, what do we do when we're scared? When fear starts to get the upper hand?

AJ: Clem said I can't swear. 

Clementine: We can make an exception. What do we do? We say...

AJ: We say fuck off to fear. I'm good now.

Y/n: Good. 

Violet: Clementine, Y/n, please. We need to talk.

They leave AJ to get fixed up by Ruby, following Violet into Marlon's office. Y/n closes the door behind them and the office is just like how it was the last time they'd been inside. Violet starts talking and it's clear she was very worried about them. 

Violet: What happened out in the woods... I saw they had you pinned and Y/n on his knees, and I... shit, I got so crazy. When I heard you guys call for help, I didn't even think. I wanted to help you, but when you told us to run, I had to trust you guys. Thank you for protecting us. It was really brave.

Y/n shakes his head. 

Y/n: It wasn't your place to get hurt because of us. I don't even want to imagine it. 

Clementine: Y/n's right. We... We couldn't live with ourselves if you got hurt. Or Louis, even though he was kind of a dick last time we spoke. 

Violet looks down and plays with her hands. 

Violet: I really thought you were dead, guys. Both of you. It's just, everything is so fucked right now, you know? Everyone is scared, you two.

Y/n: Well, at least you're not mad at us. I'm glad to see you again. 

Clementine: We both are. 

Violet lightly blushes as they put their hands on her shoulder. She places her hands on theirs and looks away.