Season 4/Chapter 31: Bonfires & Bon Voyage

Y/N Pov. 

Walking into the crowd of the dead, Clem, AJ, Violet, and myself are trying to blend in both so we don't get spotted by the boat and so we aren't killed by the walkers. However, I can't use my fire or it'll burn off the walker guts leaving me smelling like normal which would probably tell all our dead friends around us I'm not a walker. 

Y/n: (Mind) I always forget how much this shit sucks. 

The people on the boat shoot at the walkers while we hide behind them under the cover of the moonlit night. The dead combined with the almost utter darkness besides the moonlight and a couple torches make us really hard to pick out from the rest. One fires in our direction, but we're quick to move behind a walker. 

Y/n: (Mind) Just keep our heads down. I'm glad I decided not to where my hat. I guess Mom's not out here killing the walkers as her power of smoke is more better at suffocating, smothering, and restraining rather than outright destruction. 

Another walker goes down and Clem jumps behind a walker while the others do the same, they switch up, making sure not to stay behind walkers that get shot. Though, I wouldn't be lying if I said this was all I was thinking about. I'm worried about Mom and my new little sister I've never met. 

Y/n: (Mind) I wonder if my sister has powers like myself and mom? I guess we'll see. 

I shake my head and try to focus back up. After a little while, we finally make it to the boat. Luckily, it seems everyone with me decided to be smart and use the walkers as shields so nobody was bitten by the dead or even glanced twice at. Though, I doubt our luck will last. Everyone in the group hides behind some boxes on the pier, making sure nobody spots us. 

Clementine: Come on, Willy...

One of the guards or "soldiers" unknowingly approaches our group to shoot at the walkers. Suddenly, I see Willy and Tenn floating down the river with the supplies which we opted to commandeer; the soldiers notice the duo and immediately calls out to those there by him or within shouting range. 

Soldier: Supplies going overboard!

Soldier 2: Goddamnit! Someone get over there and see what's going on.

I even hear Lilly yelling. 

Lilly: Stay sharp! We're under attack.

The first soldier jumps over the boxes and goes to run over to the supplies, however, I grab him and pull him to the ground while no one is watching. Nobody on his side anyway. Clementine, Violet, and AJ watch as I shoot him through the eye with a flame bullet before silently throwing him into the water. I look back at them. 

Y/n: What? I didn't want to take the chance of him seeing us from behind while we're distracted. Striking first is important. 

Clementine: Alright. Now's our chance.

This is the part of the plan where we split up as they have to go into the water which I can't move in if it goes past my waist. Bad enough it weakens me to the point where I can barely stand if it is past my knees, but up to my waist I'd be powerless and unable to move. I look at the three first & then at the water. 

Y/n: Alright, this is where we split up. I'm going after Mom and Maria. 

Clementine: Be careful. 

Violet comes up to me. 

Violet: Remember your promise? 

I chuckle and walk over to the two, wrapping my arms around both of them. I give them both a kiss before replying. 

Y/n: I haven't forgotten, but it applies to you both too. Come back to me. 

I look down at AJ and place my hand on his head.