Season 4/Chapter 23: Other Friends

(Y/n has a little sister now instead of a little brother/Just in case you didn't see the changes. She's five and her name is Maria.)

(3rd Pov.)

Willy, AJ, Clementine, Y/n, and Violet walk through the forest. Clem looks at the map, then puts it away. Y/n has his bat over his shoulder & is walking with Violet holding onto his arm with one of her hands. Clementine is in the lead and is commanding the operation this time around as she's got the map. 

Clementine: Once we find the boat, we'll look for a way to sneak on board.

Willy: Yeah, if Tenn doesn't fuck it up this time.

AJ looks at Willy. 

AJ: It wasn't Tenn's fault.

Willy: Yes, it was! Mitch died because he-

AJ: Say one more thing about Tenn. I dare you.

Y/n looks at them both. 

Y/n: Stop, both of you. Right now isn't the time for this shit. 

The two stop arguing and Violet points up ahead. 

Violet: Guys, look.

The group sneaks toward a boat in the distance. 

AJ looks at it through his binoculars

Clementine: You see anything?

AJ: The beach, um, a boat, and, uh... a wood street in the water.

Y/n: That's a pier. 

AJ stops looking into the binoculars and looks at them. 

AJ: A pier. 

Clementine: Okay, let's spread out and focus on those areas. Keep your heads low.

The group splits up, but Y/n and Clementine stay by one another. They look towards the boat, but Clem notices him staring with a little more intensity than the others. She places one of her hands on his and he looks at her. 

Clementine: You okay? 

Y/n: My mom and little sister are on that boat. I hope us attacking doesn't hurt them. 

Clem locks her fingers with his and rubs his hand. 

Clementine: It'll be okay, Y/n. We're gonna make sure all of our friends and them get out. 

She gives him a kiss on the cheek. 

Clementine: Don't worry. 

Y/n nods and they start to look around the area for clues as well as places they could use as weak points. While doing so they talk to the others and even find a lucky horseshoe that probably fell off one of the raider's horses when they came through or away from here which they pick up and keep. Anyway, under the light of the sun but covered by the shade of a tree, Y/n and Clem sneak over to Violet.