6

when i got home from work i found jasmine sitting on the couch in abulitas arms, crying.

as soon as she saw me she jumped up and shoving a piece of paper in my hand before wrapping her arms around my waist. i hugged her back with one arm using the other to read the note

"thank you for letting me stay with you, you guys are like the family i never had and that Oscar is yet to find. it was great being with you but i need to fix this. i miss my brother and i miss my home,
i promise i'll be safe
-ceaser"

i dropped the note hugging jasmine tighter, i know she knows how dangerous freeridge can be but i know how smart ceaser is.

"he's going to be okay i promise you. he's a smart boy and hes lived here his whole life" i pulled jas back looking her in the eyes with an apologetic smile.
i know how much they mean to eachother after being through what they've been through.

and i was going to protect them both no matter what.

"where are you? are you safe?" i texted ceaser knowing well that he might not reply or even have his phone.
"i'm safe, staying with monse until i figure out how to make oscar love me again"
those words broke me, he thinks his own brother doesn't love him for a reason the was out of his control. a reason that oscar was holding to himself.

this was going to far, i need to see oscar he's the only person who truly knows why he did it. i felt for both of them. they grew up without parents and from what ceaser told me oscar never really had a childhood having to look after ceaser.