43

viola pov

the contractions feel like someone is pulling my stomach in every direction possible, but somehow i know she's going to be worth it all

"viola?" me and oscar were the only ones in the room, abulita and zuri went to find food and the nurses are waiting for more contractions or something like that.

"yeah?" i replied looking over to him in the seat next to me.

"i'm scared, and i've never been scared like this, what if we made the wrong choice? freeridge is a dangerous place to raise a baby especially since we're both gang affiliated-" i cut him off

"oscar look at me" he finally looked at me after keeping his head down while talking.

"everythings gonna turn out fine, i know you think you won't have control over her safety but we both will yeah?" he nodded and put his head down again looking at his shoes.

he wiped his hand over his face and sighed. "do you not want this?.." i quietly asked hoping he doesn't take it the wrong way.

"i want it more than anything in the world. but my dreams have never come true and now that it's finally happening i don't know how to act" he confessed how he was feeling.

"i feel the same but we can't go back now, she's gonna be worth it i promise you." he smiled still looking down.

"oh wait shouldn't we call the midwife?"
he looked at me confused

"shit, yeah!" he grabbed my phone and he facetimed kathy (the midwife)

"oscar! how have you and viola been" i could hear her speaking

"good, we think she's gonna go into labour soon though so we thought we should tell you" he said

"don't worry the nurses already told me, i'll be there! how is she feeling?" oscar passed me the phone.

~~~

jasmine pov

"should we go see viola before she goes into labour? i wanna take before and after pics of her belly" everyone looked at me like i was crazy but still agreed to come.

"monse cheer up, why you so moody all the time" jamal nudged her shoulder making her stumble a little on her shoelaces. we all stopped walking hoping she didn't go ballistic at him.

"why would viola pick him over everyone else? he's such a douche and that baby is gonna have to deal with it." monse blurted out, she really has no filter. ceasers mood changed after she said it and so did the rest of ours.

"he's saved our lives countless times monse, atleast viola will know her baby's protected." ruby spoke up after being silent the whole time.
she just scoffed

someone's jealous

once we got to the hospital we had to wait in the pregnancy waiting room and luckily no one else was in there apart from afew doctors
"this photos bomb! imma send it to vee" ceaser and ruby both nodded and laughed at seeing the photo we took