33

Oscar pov

the one time i wasn't with another santo i got caught, the 19th street took me to their small ass warehouse.

i woke up tied to a chair in the middle of a lounge looking room, "i guess you not so big an bad are you spooky?" the young leader walked infront of me.
he was smaller than ceaser i can't imagine being a gang leader that young.

"i thought we had a truce, what do you want?" i tried to sit up abit straighter in my chair which made the ropes come loose. amateurs.

i didn't let them see that they came undone though. "where is cuchillos?" he didn't seem mad so i dont feel threatened at all.

"why?" j didn't say anything else and tried to keep my answers short

"our boss needs her." boss? i thought they were they're own gang?

~~~

i told them where cuchillos stayed and when they came back after like an hour, i slipped up my hands showing that the ropes had come undone.

but he didn't care. they're whole
mood towards me had changed and they just let me go. who tf is their boss?

~~~

i called chico and he picked me up, when we drove back home viols wasn't there and no one knew where she went. the kids weren't here either.

i ended up falling asleep in the kitchen while waiting for her to get back, i called her so many times but she never picked up so there was nothing else i could do.

Viola pov

"viola" my heart almost stopped when i heard who it was, i turned to the lounge to see my abulita standing there with a damp cloth in her hand.

i ran to her and she opened her arms to pull me into a hug, "where were you? i thought you died!" i stepped back from her wanting answers .

"i had to leave, cuchillos was threatening to hurt you and jasmine if i didn't. so i faked my death to trick her"
she looked at me with hurt and sorrow in her eyes. but also fire, and revenge.

"cuchillos is gone.." everything started adding up as she just nodded

"i know mija, i killed her." she smiled and i smiled back. she hugged me again and we both just laughed. it's finally over.
things can finally go back to normal.

"what's the cloth for?" i pointed down to her hand and she nodded towards the handsome man sitting in the kitchen, he was still fast asleep but from this angle i could see all the cuts on his neck. that made me quiver.

walking over to oscar i sat down in front of his and lightly tapped his shoulder to wake him up. his eyes weakly opened until he saw me.

"viola!" he leaned forward pulling me into him but wincing at the feel of his wounds.

"what did they do to you? i thought you had a truce" i gently ran my fingers over his tattoo on the other side of his neck.

"we do, but i think you should talk to your abulita more about that" his voice went abit more soft towards the end of his sentence.

"viola, i'm like the cuchillos of 19th street and the picsopatas, just not a bitch like she was" she laughed but i was still stuck on her words. she's the BIG boss.

the leader of the leaders.

~~~

the next morning i drove to rubys to pick up all the kids, they still didn't know that abulitas back and we're all going to surprise them.

~~~

"hey! you guys alright?" i greeted them as they all piled into the car, each and every one of them had a mad look on their faces.

"no, i'm not. no one is even trying in practice!" ruby flung his hands up showing that he was pissed off.

"practice for what?" they all looked at me confused, i guess they expected me to know what they're talking about.

"olivias quinceañera is this weekend! i was TRYING to teach them the dance steps."
ruby have a glare to the rest of the kids before looking back at me in the rear view mirror.

"omg of course! you NEED to let me help! i fucking love quinceañeras" i almost swearved off the road, all my baby's are growing up too fast.

i see each and every one of these children as the people i need to protect, even though they have parents or amazing brothers i still feel the need to be like their mother.

or just someone they can talk to in general

as we pulled up to Oscars house all got out of the car, we walked up the path with me infront and i opened the door. once they all came in and sat down i got abulita to come into the lounge

from the look on their faces i couldn't have been able to tell wheather they just won the lottery or just saw an angel.

abulita was soon surrounded by the kids with arms wrapped tight around her, i took it as a good photo opportunity and snuck a pic before they all let go.

"i'm sorry darlings, Los extrañé a todos so much (i missed you all)" abulita said softly,

as they all started to sit down again we heard the door fling open.

rubys abulita almost sprinted to triana, (violas abulita is triana)
"triana! how long have you been back!!" they embraced into a long hug as rubys abulita laughed at the stories triana was telling her

"you knew she wasn't dead?" jamal spoke up and they both sat down. he looked hurt in a joking way.

"ugh, i cannot believe you. i thought we were tight! bsfs! homies even!" jamal sing to rubys abulita then there was an awkward silence,

only for a second though. they both burst out laughing and then the two old women left the room probably yo make tea or something.

LMAOO finally some good news in this horrid book