Chapter 14

Huo Wei and Lou Xiao have been drawing in the studio for a long time now. When the sky draped down its dark colors, Lou Xiao noticed immediately. He stops writing and walks to Huo Wei to remind her: "We have been painting for too long. Come, stand up and move around. You are unwell anyway, I shouldn't tire you."

"Hold on, just a second." Huo Wei didn't even lift her head, as she's staring at the canvas intently, painting the fire under her brush. She then stepped back to look at it, and shook her head, "No, I will repaint it tomorrow. "

Lou Xiao looked at her paintings, it has touches of emotions in them, but not vivid enough, and indeed, it was not good enough. He tried to comfort her, "Don't worry, take your time."

Huo Wei rubbed her wrist, smiled, and got up, "It's okay, it's a practice day anyway. Let me take a look at yours. How are you coming along drawing me?"

Lou Xiao immediately blocked her way and refused to show her. He turned her around and led her out of the door. Pausing, he muttered, "I haven't finished the painting yet. I will show it to you after I finish."

"I can take a look at the draft first."

"Semi-finished products don't look good."

Lou Xiao took Huo Wei out of the studio despite her protests. Seeing there's no way he will change his mind, Huo Wei didn't insist further, and laughed jokingly, "This is a surprise, I didn't know that Mr. Lou is a perfectionist, and he only shows perfect, completed paintings to people!"

Lou Xiao, upon hearing this, smiled faintly. In fact, his paintings have never been shown to anyone. So to speak, he just doesn't want to show this semi-finished painting to Huo Wei. It is the first time he met someone who made him want to pick up his brush, and this is the first time he painted portraits. He wanted to paint it well and is striving for perfection. So before that, he doesn't Huo Wei to see the incomplete works. Huo Wei had such a high rating of his paintings, and he was afraid that Huo Wei would be disappointed at seeing his draft so far.

The two of them ate dinner together. After that, Lou Xiao drove Huo Wei home. The two of them had been talking about painting while on the road. Later during the drive, when they saw some AI intelligent robot advertisement on the screens of nearby buildings, Lou Xiao casually commented on them. To his surprise, Huo Wei was able to pick up the conversation, and it appears she has a really good understanding of them too.

Lou Xiao smiled at her knowingly: "Are you going to work in the Huo company after you recover from your injury? In what department?"

Huo Wei shook her head and said, "My father doesn't want me to join the company. I haven't figured out what to do in the future yet."

Now Lou Xiao was astonished, upon hearing this. He looked at her and said in confusion: "You know so much about AI research and development, but you are not preparing to enter Huo's? It's a pity, you seem like you have the talent for this field."

"Thank you, I feel honored to be affirmed by Mr.Lou." Huo Wei winked at him, then joked, "If my dad doesn't want me, would Mr.Lou take me in? Give me a suitable salary and I'm in, as long as you don't starve me."

Lou Xiao doesn't think she would actually come, but he still answered very seriously, "If you are willing to come to my company, I will definitely hire you with a handsome salary. I am planning to open an AI R&D department to open up the market around the area, and I may compete with your father in the future. I hope this will not affect our relationship."

Huo Wei has spent the entire day with him, and she understood what was circling in his head almost immediately. He's the type to straight-up say what he's thinking and doesn't dance with you in circles during a serious conversation. He has a good impression of her, and his favourability of her is at 40 already, hence he cares about their relationship very much doesn't want anything to affect it.