Chapter 51

Huo Wei sent her godmother to Lou Ye's mansion, and then followed Lou Ye into the palace. Before entering the palace, she suddenly wanted to take those pieces of evidence, so Lou Ye took her to the storage of the evidence to ask for them. Logically speaking, no evidence could be presented, but the emperor had given full authority to Lou Ye to investigate it. It was no problem for him to show it to the emperor.

The two of them came all of a sudden without informing anyone. When the person in charge took them to the room where the evidence was stored, they found that the door was not locked and there was someone inside!

Lou Ye solemnly motioned them to shut up. He bent down and quickly entered the room, only to see an official holding the evidence of Huo Wei and stuffing it into his sleeve! Lou Ye rushed over and caught him. "Who are you? Why did you steal the evidence?"

The person in charge rushed into the room and asked in surprise, "Mr. Liu? Why... Why are you here?"

Mr.Liu was shocked. He tried his best to calm himself down and said, "I'm here to take something and investigate the case. I've been ordered by the eldest prince. Please, King Qin, let me go!"

Looking at the jade pendant on the ground, Huo Wei asked in a low voice, "What kind of case do you need to take this evidence to investigate? The eldest prince also wants to investigate my background? Why didn't I know?"

Mr.Liu was surprised. "What? Your family background?" He looked down at the jade pendant and explained, "I made a mistake. I'm here to take another jade pendant. I made a mistake. I'm sorry."

Lou Ye snorted, "Whether you made a mistake or not, explain it to our majesty. Guards! Take him away!"

Two guards came in and took Mr.Liu away. Mr.Liu struggled to explain, but no one was willing to listen. No matter what excuse he had, he was highly suspicious since he was caught. Lou Ye was King Qin, not afraid of offending the eldest prince.

He put away the evidence and said to Huo Wei, "Let's go into the palace and report the situation to our majesty."

There were other people around, so it was not appropriate for Huo Wei and Lou Ye to talk nonsense. However, she guessed in her heart that the man just mentioned the eldest prince. According to her experience of reading so many scripts about palace-fighting, that person belonged to either the eldest prince or the eldest prince's enemy.

What reason did the eldest prince have to harm her? The empress' family had declined in recent years and could not get involved in the fight for the throne. Then who was the eldest prince's opponent? Isn't he the third prince? Did the third prince want to harm her?

Huo Wei was upset. This was not written in the book. Every world would be created with many details automatically to make everything harmonious, so every world had something that could be dug out. What was written in the book might not be the truth, but those were only stories from the perspective of the protagonist.

It was the first time that she had traveled back to ancient times. When she thought of the fight in the court and the fight between royal sons, she was not sure at all. She and Lou Ye sat opposite each other in the carriage. She opened the curtain, saw the guards outside were not approaching and moved to Lou Ye's side. She whispered in his ear, "if I and the third prince were exchanged and the third prince was not the son of the empress, would the empress kill me to keep my mouth shut? She has only one son."

Lou Ye meditated for a moment and said, "You must guard against others. I'll tell our majesty to let you live in my mansion temporarily. It's said that you're in the palace so that outsiders won't know the truth and talk nonsense. Don't worry. my mansion is solid. No one can hurt you."