Chapter 52

When the third prince saw a group of maids call him "Your Highness", he was like a bolt from the blue, instantly splitting his deceiving himself into pieces, so that he could no longer hold a fluke.

The emperor and the empress wouldn't help him hide his identity. They recognized her!

He had been with them for sixteen years. They had loved him for sixteen years, but this was not comparable to the family bond. They still chose their daughter. Even if the empress had no son, she would abandon him, because he was not her biological son!

The third prince suddenly hated them. Had they ever thought about his situation? He just defeated the eldest prince a few days ago, and the attitude of all the people in the court towards him had changed. Everyone thought he was the next emperor.

But now? The world had turned upside down. He had even become the son of a sinner, the grandson of a traitor. He still had the blood of the enemy in his body!

Had they ever thought about what would happen to him? He would not be protected by any family, and he would face the ridicule of everyone. He would lose everything he had, and more importantly, the eldest prince would madly retaliate against him, leaving no room for him.

What should he do then? They had raised him for sixteen years. Was he so heartless? It was the prime minister who changed the son. It had nothing to do with him? Why did she do this to him?!

As soon as Huo Wei walked past him, he caught up with her and said to the maids, "I want to see mother! I have something to tell mother."

After receiving the order of the empress, the maid did not stop him and said properly, "Please."

The maid called him "you" instead of "the third prince". Her attitude was also alienated, which was totally different from that when she greeted Huo Wei just now. The third prince gave them a sensitive look, snorted, and followed her in.

Of course, Lu Jingyun couldn't go in. She was just a concubine of a civilian, not worth mentioning. The maid at the door looked at her as if asking her why she was still here in silence.

Embarrassed, Lu Jingyun got up in a hurry and ran away as fast as she could.

When Huo Wei entered the room with the third prince, she heard the third prince whispering beside her, "You're so good at coaxing mother to recognize you."

"Thank you so much. If you hadn't poisoned my maid, my mother wouldn't have hated you so much and recognized me so quickly."

The third prince didn't say anything more. He just turned to look at her viciously. The prime minister assassinated her and he poisoned her. Why didn't she die?!

The empress was not surprised to see the third prince, but when she saw that he was so close to Wei, she immediately stood up nervously and stretched out her hand! "Come here, Wei. Come to your mother."

The eyes of the empress were full of expectation. This was the first time they had met since her identity was made public. When she said the word "mother", she was not sure at all. She was afraid that Huo Wei did not want to recognize her.

It was her family who abandoned her. It was the mother who didn't protect her daughter well. She didn't know if she would hate her for having suffered so much outside.

"Mother."Huo Wei didn't let her to. When the empress reached out her hand, she walked towards her with a smile and called her "mother" without hesitation.

The empress immediately burst into laughter. She hugged her tightly, stroked her hair, and sobbed, "Good, good girl, you've suffered a lot. It's my fault. I didn't protect you well, so you were left outside and enjoyed the warmth of human beings. I'm sorry."