James

I strutted over to the gryffindor table like I didn't just nearly run over my best friends brother. I said I was sorry, so why did Regulus have to be rude about it? I didn't usually give stuff like this much thought. I suppose that's just how he is.. I thought as I drove the subject out of my mind and sat down.

Sirius was shoveling down his porridge, it's usual for him to eat to fast. Remus was sipping some tea beside him, talking to Marlene. Probably talking about homework or something.
I ruffled up Sirius' hair as I sat on the other side of him. I got kicked in the leg for that.

"Ow- why so violent?" I asked as I poked his arm.

"You don't touch the hair, James." Sirius said.

"I couldn't help it. You looked so sleepy, I had to improve the look you were going for-"

"Oh shut up." Sirius mumbled through a mouthful of porridge.

I served myself some pumpkin juice.
"Hey, up for some Quidditch practice later?" I offered.

"Always!" Sirius replied.

I noticed Lily sitting next to Marlene, both now talking to Remus about nerdy stuff.

"You could come watch Evans.." I suggested to Lily.

"What makes you think I would say yes?" She responded with a raised eye brow. Sirius mumbled something about a lost cause.

"One day..." I lowered my voice so the others wouldn't hear "I'll marry Lily Evans and prove you wrong."

Sirius snorted. "And one day I'll became the minister of magic." He teased.

I rolled my eyes. One could always hope, right?
I checked the schedule to see what lesson we were going to first. Transfiguration.
We all continued to chat as we finished up breakfast and headed for class.

He looked out the window as the walked through corridors. It was sunny outside, with a clear sky. Nice weather to practice quidditch in.

They reached the transfiguration classroom and waiting outside for class to start.
Sirius and Remus stood against one wall and Peter soon joined them. Lily stood against another wall with Mary and Marlene. I went and walked over toward them.

"Hey Evans-" I started.

"Oh shove off, Potter." She cut me off.

Okay she wanted to be like that..

"Not in the talking mood?" She just ignored me, so I went over and stood with the others before class started. He would get to be friends with Lily one day at least.. he didn't want to be friends though, but they weren't even that. She treated him like he was a complete snob. Maybe he was? She's not the first though... the memory of Regulus that morning came to mind, but quickly went away as people started walking in the classroom.

"Take a seat, class." McGonagall said as we sat down.

"Good morning to you too, Minnie." Sirius said.

"Wonderful to see your cheery face again." I added.

She gave us a stern look and then continued the rest of class as if nothing happened. We knew she probably liked it, deep down in the goodness of her heart. Probably.

We continued through class as usual and then shuffled out back into the corridor. I started walking to my next class and the others followed. A lot of our classes were together, especially today, but not always. Remus, lily, and the M's took care of magical creatures while me, Peter and Sirius took divination.

Sirius and Remus were walking behind us, and the girls were talking about who knows what somewhere ahead as we walked down more corridors, heading for the next class.
That's when we passed by a Slytherin group heading in the opposite direction up ahead.
I recognized Regulus among them, which isn't hard to do. He has those black family features that I find hard to miss. The dark hair, eyes, posture he had, along with those high cheek bones. To be honest all the blacks had a attractiveness to them, it's no wonder Sirius has so many girls after him.
I must have been staring, cause Regulus caught my gaze. We held eye contact for like, 2 seconds before Reg scowled and looked away. Then he disappeared around the corner.

"James?" Sirius asked, and James looked around back at him.

"Hm?" I replied.

"I was asking about later, when you wanted to go practice?" Sirius said

"Oh right, yeah." I replied.
Why had I gotten so distracted? It's not like there's anything different about him. It's just Regulus. Whatever... I shoved the thought out of my head like I always do, and continued on with classes.

769 words.
Yay I braved another chapter 
i hope y'all enjoy reading it and it's not cringing y'all out, because I find it cringe.
Imma keep writing tho! :P