Regulus

Even by the time I had finished lessons, I was still confused.

Why did James want to meet me? Was something wrong? He might want to break up.. but I think it was way to early for that. Unless this whole thing was some sort of prank, or a dare. I hoped it wasn't... I liked James, a lot.

Maybe it was a date of some sort? He didn't say it was. I didn't think it was.
It was just some "meeting you in the woods"type of a thing.
Ok that sounds weird when you say it like that.

"See you in the forest" sounds less like a scheme in some murder novel. Synonyms were weird.

I had all day to think about this, but I still didn't know. Only way to find out was to just go and see him.

It was currently three thirty ish. I should probably start heading there in a minute.

I had been sitting in the library, studying some book for school, astronomy or something that I liked.
I rose from the table and started stalking down the book aisle, my eyes searching for the right shelf in which the book goes.

Spotting it, I reached up and slid the hardcover book into place.
I made my way out of the library, and headed for the grounds.

Should I make sure I look okay? It wasn't a date though, and I think I looked fine anyway.
If James wanted to date me he had to get used to imperfection, at least my style of it. Not my family's type of perfection, I had plenty of that to last a lifetime.

I walked down the corridors, turning a corner, down a flight of stairs, taking my time. I wasn't in a hurry.

I was on the third floor, turning a corner, when I ran into Barty.  

Don't act suspicious.. I thought. I didn't want Barty to know about James.

"Oh, Hello Regulus." He said. "Going somewhere?"

"No where special, just mulling around. You?"

"Thinking of seeing if Lucius is up to doing something fun. Maybe picking on mugglebloods.." He drawled casually.

"Well, okay. See you around." I said, wanting to not get side tracked.

"I was gonna ask if you wanted to come but, ok." He said, eyeing me suspiciously. "You are busy, aren't you?"

"Told you already, not up to much." I said. Returning to looking at him. He seemed desperate to keep my attention.

"Well why not come with me?" He questioned.

"I've got better things to do with my time, Crouch." I explained.

"Okay, Black. Sense we're using last names.
I'll see you later." He taunted.

He said "see you later" in less of a Cya! type of way, and more of a I'll talk to you later and thats not a question, type of way. It made me nervous.

I shoved it out of my head, and continued my journey out of the castle, down the marble staircase and through the entry hall.

I made it out into the grounds. I breathed in the fresh air as I tromped down the path toward the forest. I hoped no one saw me heading into the forbidden forest, that would look suspicious as we weren't allowed to go there.

I made sure no one was near me before heading down the same path James had showed me.
I dodged tree roots, ducked under leaves, and made sure my eyes stayed focused on where I was. After a little while of turns and twists, I made it to the spot.

Thank God, I was worried I would forget where to find it.

I noticed a dark haired figure already there.
James was sitting at the edge of the clearing, his knees tucked up near his chest, his feet out in front of him. He had his arms crossed over his knees, and he was staring out at the lake.