Regulus

Warning, explicit song lyrics are in the chapter, along with mention of loosing virginity. *cough*cough* yeap...

That morning we headed down the stairs and into the living room, me and James.
James had been correct in his assumption, as Remus and Sirius were still sleeping. Sirius usually slept in most days. I remember he used to be like that when he was at our house, but our parents always forced us to wake up eventually.
James's parents were obviously more lenient, or maybe that was just cause it was a holiday?
Or perhaps because it still looked like it was six in the morning, as it was dark outside.
There were thick, dark grey clouds blanketing the sky, and it was snowing heavily.

If James's parents were up, I couldn't see them. They must be somewhere else in the house.

"D'you wanna get some coffee, or something?" James asked me, as we walked past the living room, heading toward the kitchen.

"Yes please." I told him.

Now in the kitchen, James found the coffee pot on the counter, and began turning it on. It beeped, and started making a pot of coffee.
James came and stood next to me, leaning against the counter.

"Usually we just drink tea, but dad prefers coffee as well." He told me, and I nodded. I didn't really like tea or coffee, but I did prefer the caffeine.

We stood in silence for a moment, waiting in the kitchen, with only the sounds of the coffee pot. It was silent outside, except for the wind and snow, and the rest of the house was peacefully quiet. I could hear distance talking coming from another room, maybe the office, but it was barely audible. I assume James's parents must be in there, conversing.

After a moment he looked down at me, more than usual as I was also slouching, and he stood a bit straight.
"How'd you sleep?" He questioned, his tone mellow.

"I slept okay.." I replied.
Actually, that had been the best sleep I had gotten in a long time.
Not the part with nightmare, obviously.
"How about you?" I asked.

"Great." He told me. "I— I didn't make you uncomfortable at all, did I?"

"No James. Your fine." I reassured him.

The coffee pot beeped, telling us it was done.
James walked over to it, opening a cabinet above it and reached in, pulling out two mugs. He set them on the counter, then took out the pot of coffee. He turned to me.
"You like your coffee black, right?" He asked.

"Yup." I nodded, as he poured a cup of plain black coffee, then handed it to me.
"Thanks." I told him, taking the cup out of his hands.

"Of course." He replied.
He poured himself a small cup as well, adding a large amount of sugar to it and filling the rest of the cup up with milk.
That boy had such a sweet tooth...

"You want some coffee with that?" I joked at the amount of milk he put in.

He simply shrugged off my teasing, giving me a small smile.
I blew on my coffee, before taking a sip of the dark liquid. It was warm, with a sharp taste, and I could almost feel it as the caffeine began to restore energy into my body. So, overall, it was good.
James gave me an amused smirk.

"What?" I implored.

He smiled. "We just have different tastes, that's all." He explained, nodding to himself. "Drastic."

"It's just coffee, don't be dramatic." I chided him.

"Hey that almost rhymed!" He told me. "Also, that's rather thick coming from a Black."