James

I was heading toward charms class by myself, walking along the corridor. I had forgotten my book bag and had told Sirius and the others to go ahead without me and that I would catch up and meet them there.

I turned along another corridor when I saw Barty coming up the opposite direction, and Regulus was with him.
They must have been coming from Divination, and were in the middle of a chat.

I didn't want to draw attention, but I'm not good at that, am I?
Barty saw me first and nudged Regulus, who looked up and saw me. Barty murmured something and Regulus blushed, hissing back at the other boy.

I didn't want to talk to them, let alone look at them, but I wanted to figure out why I couldn't help but notice Regulus so much.

"Wotcher, Reg." I said.

He looked at me warily, but replied "wotcher."

"How's the weather down there?" I teased the smaller boy.

"Wanna say that again?" He replied, with sass in his tone. Something about the way he said that made my stomach flutter.
Snap out of it James!

"Sorry, could you not hear me from this height?" I started, "do I need to speak up?"
I took a step toward him.

Regulus looked me up and down, sizing me up, as if trying to decide if I was worth bickering with. Suppose he decided I wasn't, cuz without another word he strode off. Barty had been standing near by but hadn't tried to intervene. The two walked up the corridor and around the corner, out of sight.

I turned on my heal and set off toward charms.

I usually teased him, this wasn't out of the ordinary, but that sensation in my stomachs had been. Could you call it butterflies!?
Yeah, I suppose so.

I had gotten butterflies cause Regulus sassed me. I turned this thought over in my head as I trotted toward charms. I was so confused.
And multiple questions kept coming through my head like, why Regulus? What did he do exactly? Why me? Why now? Wtf? Etc.

I wasn't one to overthink, but, there's a first time for everything.

I reached the charms classroom and Sirius was waiting for me outside the door, leaning against the wall the way he did.
He spotted me and stood up straight, unfolding his arms.
"What took you so long? Class is about to start."

"Sorry, there was some hold up in the hallways." I quickly explained.

"Okay." Sirius accepted this answer. "C'mon."

We walked through the doorway into the classroom and took seats.
Though I didn't really pay attention to class. Something about propelling charms or something, but my mind was elsewhere.

Elsewhere being about Regulus, and why I kept getting like this around him. This hasn't really happened with anyone else besides Lily.
I fancied Lily Evans. So what did this mean with Regulus?
I couldn't mean that.. no that's stupid. There's gotta be another explanation. There has to be, and I'll figure it out soon enough.

"James, you there?" Sirius asked.

"Hm!?" I looked over at him.

"I said your name about five times." He told me.

"Oh- sorry. Dosed off for a second."

"I'll say."

He propelled a pillow across the room sloppily, and it landed so close to someone they had to duck to avoid being hit.
Over across the class room Lily was neatly yeeting heavy books across the room and making them land in a semi neat stack. Remus was also having much better luck than me and Sirius.

So far I had made three pillows land in completely different spots in the classroom absentmindedly.

I needed to figure out this Regulus things if I wanted to get better at class, I thought. Cause it's quite distracting...

632 words
That was a short chapter...
Hope u like it tho and ty for reading.

:p