Regulus

The next day I headed out of the History classroom. I had finished all my lessons for that day, and I decided to go to the library, and start on homework. Fun, I know.

I shouldered my bag full of books and quills, and started in the direction of the library.
I passed by a couple windows, and the sunlight from outside fell onto my face, warming my features temporarily.

I turned around and a corner and took a flight of stairs, and I eventually reached the library.
Walking in, I saw that the library was busy. Busier than normal that is, but not very crowded in general.
I walked past groups of students, making my way to the back where there weren't any other people.
I found a table next to a window, near the back of the library. Not in the restricted section, but close.
I sat down, and put my bag beside me.
I had to write a ten inch long essay for Defense against the dark arts, and I had to read one chapter for history. I decided to start reading the chapter, that was easier than writing an essay.

I reached into my school bag and pulled out a thick book, plopping it down on the table in front of me. I flipped open the book to the right chapter, and began to read.
I leaned over the book, my hair falling around my face. The sunlight from the window filtered through my hair and landing on the pages, creating shadows.

I continued to read about witches and wizard from the late 1700s for quite some time.

Eventually, I heard someone approaching, their footsteps getting closer. I heard them stop next to me.
I looked up and my gaze fell upon James Potter.

Surprised, but very happy to see him, my heart did some sort of fluttering motion in my chest.

"Hey Lucy." He smirked. "May I sit here?"
He gestured to the seat in front of me.

"Sure." I nodded, returning my gaze to my book.

I heard James sit down opposite me, as he leaned on the table.
I glanced up, he had his arms folded on the table in front of him, and he was resting his head on his arms, looking up at me with his head tilted.

The sun reached through the window, and played across his face, changing his eyes to look like honey, making his tan skin glow a caramel color.
I felt a tugging sensation in my stomach, and I quickly returned my eyes back to my book.

God, he's beautiful.. my mind swooned.

I came here to do my homework, not get distracted by my boyfriend.
All he had to do was be here, and look at me like that, with those eyes...
Wow, I'm pathetic.
Focus.

"You look so beautiful in the sun." James told me.
I tore my gaze away from my book once more, and looked at James.
He still had his head resting on top his arms, gazing up at me. He looked lost in his own thoughts, admiration in his eyes.

"But you also look really pretty in moonlight. Your always so beautiful." James thought out loud.

I felt my face heat up, a blush creeping onto my cheeks.
"What- Do you need something James?" I stammered.

"Hm? Yeah, I wanted to talk to you." He told me.

I continued to look at him, closing my book and setting it aside.
There's no way I could do my homework with James talking to me, or sitting in front of me, telling me I looked beautiful. Not possible.

"I had a talk with Sirius." James continued.
I must have changed my expression, cause James quickly added, "No, it's okay. Well, sorta. I told him we were friends, and that I hang out with you sometimes."

"And, that's good?" I asked, not seeing where this was going.

"Yeah. I asked if you could come hang out with us sometimes, and he said you could." He explained.

"I- he said that?" I asked. Sirius was allowing me to hang out with his friends?

"Well, he said we could give it a try. But I was wondering if you'd even want to come spend time with us.."

"Of course I do! I mean, I've thought about it sometimes..." I tried to not act too excited, but I had been wanting this to happen for a while.
Secretly, I really missed Sirius, and every time I saw him with the Marauders I couldn't help but get a little jealous. Maybe that's why I had hated James for all those years, I had felt like James had stolen my brother in a way.
But now those feelings had changed, and I really liked James, and didn't hate him anymore. But I still wanted my brother back.. sometimes...

James smiled at me, which didn't help my blush go away. "I knew you'd want to."
He removed one arm from under his head and reached out with his left hand, holding his palm upward, like he wanted me to give him something.

"What?" I asked.

"Your hand, silly." He smirked.

I reached out and placed my right hand in his, warmth spreading through my fingers.
He rubbed his thumb over my knuckles, along my boney fingers that I always thought were too long.
I wasn't insecure about my appearance, but I knew I was scrawny and thin for my age. I just never thought about it much.

I didn't pull my hand away though.
James's touch was so loving, gentle, a feeling I wasn't always used to.
It made me want to melt.

He continued to gaze up at me, his eyes looking into mine, and I looked back into his.
I noticed the way the sunlight danced on his face, playing with his features, turning his dark colored eyelashes a bright shade of brown, making his hair glow slightly, now a rich chocolate color,
I decided that James's touch was like sunlight.

Warm, like sunshine.

You sound so cliche, just shut up.

"I should leave you to do your homework." James said. He loosened his grip on my hand.

"Probably, you can be quite distracting." I agreed. James let go of my hand, and sat up, about to leave. "Please stay, you just got here."

James smiled at me. "I told the others I wouldn't be long, so I have to go." He said.
He glanced out the window, and thought for a moment. "Meet me at the astronomy tower tonight?" He asked.

"This is the second time you've asked that in the library." I noted.

He shrugged. "I'm predictable."

I sighed. "Yeah, I'll meet you there." I told him.

His smile returned. He rose from the table, and winked at me before turning to leave.
I watched him as he strutted out of the library, turning around the doorway and out of sight.

The idea of going back to the astronomy tower was kind of unnerving, but I would be with James. I didn't trust myself to go alone, but with someone else it would be fine.
I tried not to think about that night, when I had tried to jump off. I wanted to forget about it, to move on, so I simply tried not to think about it. But I suppose a wiser person would tell me I should face my problems, and try and fix them that way, not ignore them.
Whatever, I'm not wise, so it doesn't matter, right?

I should just do my homework, and quit overthinking.

1265 words
I am once more, writing fan fiction and jamming out to music, whilst drinking tea
What can I say? I'm a creature of habit
Okay the next chapter shall have much more jegulus, the recent chapters I've been writing are kinda just there, like filling chapters or whatever

Anyone else like Demons by Imagine Dragons?

Okay I'll shut up
Thanks for reading! :3