James

I have no idea what I was thinking.

What, your gonna follow Regulus to the astronomy tower, then what? Just show up and be like 'Hey! I just decided to follow you, I do that sometimes to people Im attracted to..'
That's just creepy.
But I wasn't gonna sit and watch him either cuz that's just stalker like.

So what I had in mind that I would do once I got there, I have no idea. I just wanted to see the younger Black.

I hadn't realized what I was doing was such a stupid idea until it was too late.

I walked into the astronomy tower, and sure enough I spotted Regulus at the other end. He was sitting down at the edge of the railing with his feet dangling over the edge.

He must have heard me walking in, cause he jumped and turned around.
I cursed myself under my breathe.

Regulus' face went from panic to a confused sort of shock. "You!?" He asked, like he expected someone else to be standing here.

"Was I suppose to be someone else?" I asked, my voice sounding much more relaxed than I felt.

Regulus didn't respond to my question. He simply looked me up and down. "Did you-
Why are you here?"

"Well it's not like students aren't allowed to be here." I stated.

"It's past curfew."

"I was gonna tell you the same thing."

Regulus looked like he wanted to kick me and jump off the tower, but instead he stood. He gave me one more look up and down before heading for the exit.

I stopped him once he reached me with my arm.

"Hey, I apologize if I interrupted something. You don't have to leave though."

"I- I need some time to think, that's all."

I looked at Regulus more closely, he seemed to be having a hard time processing his thoughts. His eyes darted here and there like he wasn't actually looking at anything, just thinking.

"Confusing day?" I asked, genuinely concerned.

He seemed slightly shocked by my tone, like he wasn't used to being cared about.

"Uhm, yeah you could say that."

"I'll leave you alone then?" I suggested, stepping toward the exit.

"Don't- " Regulus started. I turned around.
"I mean," he continued. "You came here, didn't you? So you can stay, it's not like I own the place and can kick you out."

"Okay." I didn't know quite what to say, or do.

Regulus walked back to his spot, sitting back down with his legs dangling. He rested his arms on the bars of the railing and stared back out at the sky.

I walked up beside him tentatively.
"Mind if I sit?" I asked carefully.

"Go ahead." Regulus responded, not looking up.

I sat down and also let my feet dangle.
I looked around at the scenery. It was a really calm night, with only a small breeze.
The water on the lake was still, and the moon reflected in it clearly. Frogs and crickets chirped and an owl hooted somewhere in the distance. There were also small noises from the forbidden forest, but who knew what they belonged to.

Regulus was looking at the sky, it was a beautiful night sky, the stars were bright and there weren't any clouds in sight. But that's not what I was looking at.

Regulus was just so cute, the way he gazed up at the sky, as if reading it. The stars reflecting in those foggy grey eyes, his nose slightly pink from the crisp weather. His hair catching the breeze every now and then, ruffling it. I wanted to run my hand through it. I wanted to thread my hands in his long fingers, which were dangling in midair cause of the way he rested his arms on the bar to the railing.